08-03-2018 11:51 AM
201 ... 45678 ...
tools
    My first Android was a Nexus 4... I really enjoyed that phone for being my first Android.

Yeah, i find it really odd Google really hasn't really worked out how to sell their phones to the mainstream like the rest. They have so much money they could definitely put money into making sure of more supply to make sure phones get to peoples hands if they want it and they bought HTC which knows how to do it so they don't really have any excuse.

Competitors OS/skins are so light now-a-days that Pure Android experience is not that big a deal for me. I really hated the skins like Touchwiz and Websense that I never would have bought those phones before the Note 7. My Note 8 is my first Samsung and my favorite phone to date.

But Google seem to be able to come out with great cameras at release and I do like the idea of iOS type updates so that's why it does interest me and keep an eye on them for future phone as well as Samsung and Apple. A couple of phones carriers don't carry interest me... Huawei and their P20 Pro really sounded cool. Their Porsche edition is ridiculously expensive but a cool phone and shows what they can do.

I'm really not interested in anything Google such as the Pixel. The only Google phone I had was the Nexus 4.

I hate the way Google sells their new phone each year. It is in such short supply that when they finally do become available where you can get one in just a day or two, I've lost interest. The only reason I got the Nexus 4 back then was because T-Mobile sold it.

As for my 3 lines, I only give out one of the numbers and the other two are mostly just used as internet devices. I've even forwarded the lines to the local weather line because of all the spam calls they get. Now the spammers get to hear that days weather forecast when they call.

I like Samsung phones. I've had the Note 4, Note Edge, Note 5, I've had four S7 Edge phones although I only intended to own 2, The Note 8, S8+ and now the S9+. I sold the S8+ back in February before the S9 came out so I was able to get a decent price for it.

I've been buying unlocked versions of the phones lately. My S9+, S8+ and one of the S7 Edge phones were all unlocked models. The iPhones that I've bought in the last three years have also been unlocked models.
    07-12-2018 07:48 AM
    First I was like...
    Now I'm more like let's see what it is...

Digging that gold S-Pen!
    07-12-2018 09:23 AM

I've even forwarded the lines to the local weather line because of all the spam calls they get. Now the spammers get to hear that days weather forecast when they call.
    . I love this idea! I have an extra line as well. I may have to steal this idea.
    NexusGirlX likes this.
    07-12-2018 10:41 AM
    Sticking with my Note 8. I've been extremely lucky with upgrades over the last few years, but kind of pushing it now that my kids have phones too. I'll wait to see what the Note X does.
    07-12-2018 12:42 PM
    I may very well end up with the Note9, but I'm curious about the rumors of the LG V40 having 5 cameras and 6gb of ram. I may not pre order the Note just to wait for the LG announcement a couple of weeks later
    07-12-2018 01:08 PM
    I may very well end up with the Note9, but I'm curious about the rumors of the LG V40 having 5 cameras and 6gb of ram. I may not pre order the Note just to wait for the LG announcement a couple of weeks later
    5 Cameras? Come on. If you can't do it with one, five sure isn't gonna help. Besides... It's LG. It will be buggy as heck.
    boudicca00 likes this.
    07-12-2018 03:08 PM
    5 Cameras? Come on. If you can't do it with one, five sure isn't gonna help. Besides... It's LG. It will be buggy as heck.
    You may very well be right, but I'm still curious. And the Note9 isn't going to "do it with one" either, there will be 3 cameras on it. And the idea of LG doing a zoom lens, standard lens, and wide angle lens could be interesting to see how it's implemented. I'm not saying for sure I'd buy it, but I'd be interested in checking it out. The Note9 probably is still my most likely purchase, but I'm curious about some of the other options that may be available

P.S. Samsung is rumored to be doing the same thing with the S10.
    07-12-2018 03:40 PM
    Why does this all sound like some Saturday Night Live comedy parody. 5 cameras. 10 cameras.
    07-12-2018 03:45 PM
    Why does this all sound like some Saturday Night Live comedy parody. 5 cameras. 10 cameras.
    Lol amen. It's probably complete overkill, and LG may botch the whole thing anyway, but it just peaked my curiosity. Like "what the actual hell will this do"? I almost HAVE to know...lol
    07-12-2018 03:48 PM
    I want Note 9 and I want it NOW!
    07-14-2018 06:19 PM
    Agreed. When was the last time LG had a best in class camera? 2014? The software makes a huge difference as well.
    07-15-2018 08:06 AM
    At this point I can't wait, I just started having issues with my Note 8 being buggy. I had to do a factory data reset and now it's working fine but it shouldn't have to come to that. I didn't want to settle for the S9 so the Note 9 can't come fast enough for me
    07-15-2018 10:16 AM
    I was not planning on it, but if it's true that the S10 will come without a headphone jack, I will assume that the Note10 will also not come with the headphone jack - and that may be compelling enough for me to get it. Not entirely sure, though. The only other things I am interested in in the extra storage and the stereo speakers.. both of which I'm not sure if it's worth to upgrade or wait.
    07-15-2018 10:17 AM
    Had the Note 8. After almost two months could not stand the Android and Samsung way of working. Dumped it.

No note 9 for me in the future.
    Seems odd that you're reading and replying on an Android forum if you don't like Android.
    cwbcpa, j_hansen, KupKrazy and 2 others like this.
    07-15-2018 10:23 AM
    07-18-2018 09:03 AM
    Not this time. I like even numbers. No just kidding, The note 8 is still all the phone I will need .
    j_hansen likes this.
    07-18-2018 09:31 AM
    No. My Galaxy Note 8 is still a very good Phone. My only problem is with battery life but I can manage it by using a battery pack. Waiting for S10!
    07-18-2018 11:13 AM
    while you are all talking about getting the note 9 i'm waiting on a note 8 brand new that I ordered for around £500-£600, I don't care if its out of date as long as its faster than my Blackberry Bold 9790 which i think it might just be :P

so no I won't be going with the 9, I was considering it but there appears to be only slight improvements with all the hype on the s10 (or sX if you will) and I imagine the price would be that to top the iphone X so I believe I've made a smart move, what do you guys think?
    j_hansen likes this.
    07-18-2018 12:51 PM
    You will LOVE the Note 8 anyway, as much as I want a Note 9 I know I don't NEED it and I won't be preordering anyway
    07-18-2018 01:21 PM
    I'm doing my best to only buy 1 flagship a year.
    With the PixelXL3 , Mate 20 Pro etc coming just after the Note 9 , it's going to be hard.
    07-18-2018 05:00 PM
    Unless a dump truck runs over my Note8, I'm keeping it. It works fine and offers more funtionality than I actually use. I'm a tech junkie but only to a point. It's the only phone with the S-pen so I plan to stay with the Note series...unless Samsung screws that up, then I may look around some. For now, I really like my Note8 and have no plans to replace it until maybe next year, if then.
    kj11 likes this.
    07-22-2018 07:20 AM
    Nope no reason unless you need the latest and greatest. The note 8 will go at least another two or more years for me.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    07-22-2018 07:38 AM
    doubtful.
    I'll wait for 10
    07-22-2018 06:29 PM
    I'm still on the fence Note 9 looks good but my Note 8 has been faultless since I bought it last September.
    As I'm on the Samsung upgrade program I can either keep the Note 8 and it's mine next year or trade it in for the Note 9 and start the process again, hmmmm
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    07-22-2018 07:23 PM
    I'm still on the fence Note 9 looks good but my Note 8 has been faultless since I bought it last September.
    As I'm on the Samsung upgrade program I can either keep the Note 8 and it's mine next year or trade it in for the Note 9 and start the process again, hmmmm ������
    in that case I would be getting the Note 9.
    BUT in my case it is also the reason I might not get it as I ended up using my upgrade last year to get a second Note 8 through my provider/carrier when my pre-ordered unlocked/unbranded one had to go in for repair and Samsung said 10-12 days which I just couldn't wait for that
    evohicks likes this.
    07-23-2018 01:44 AM
201 ... 45678 ...