Going for a Note 9 yes/no

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I sold one of my Note8's and got a Note3 as a spare in the deal so funds are sorted for a Note9 if I want but I'll still wait until I see it before I make up my mind

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm moving to Apple, as much as I find that somewhat backwards. I'm tired of forced updates and Samsung's crud too. I am not the product.

I just tried out the iPhone 8 plus. It's a nice phone but not for me. I love the picture clarity and I wish to god Android could copy the Imessages, but I couldn't get over the no back button and I had to keep reinstalling my 3rd party keyboard so I could Swype. But it's almost there for me...

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I just tried out the iPhone 8 plus. It's a nice phone but not for me. I love the picture clarity and I wish to god Android could copy the Imessages, but I couldn't get over the no back button and I had to keep reinstalling my 3rd party keyboard so I could Swype. But it's almost there for me...

Lol when I tried the iPhone 7 plus that drove me nuts not having a back button. Traded that in for my blue note8 at best buy.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Actually even after switching from my iPhone 6s over 8 months ago, I still find myself trying to swipe left to go back a page or screen. I still have it on my iPad.

I find the a left thumb swipe at any point on the left side of the screen to quickly go back to the last page or screen in a brower or app is so much more fluid then hitting the back button.

I wish that was one feature they'd incorporate in stock Android.

Lol when I tried the iPhone 7 plus that drove me nuts not having a back button. Traded that in for my blue note8 at best buy.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Actually even after switching from my iPhone 6s over 8 months ago, I still find myself trying to swipe left to go back a page or screen. I still have it on my iPad.

I find the a left thumb swipe at any point on the left side of the screen to quickly go back to the last page or screen in a brower or app is so much more fluid then hitting the back button.

I wish that was one feature they'd incorporate in stock Android.

Lol I'm just so used to the back button on android that I don't think I could ever get used to the left swipe option. Guess that what happens when a person is used to android. It's like iPhone not for everyone neither is android. I'm just more comfortable with android.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Where are ppl seeing the note 9 having a smaller battery? Everything I'm reading is saying at least 3850mah which is bigger Thang the S9+.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Lol I'm just so used to the back button on android that I don't think I could ever get used to the left swipe option. Guess that what happens when a person is used to android. It's like iPhone not for everyone neither is android. I'm just more comfortable with android.
Same. I found it cumbersome when a lot of the times on the iPhone I had to press the home button to get out of the program then get back in it. I guess it's just what you are used to that counts.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
This article below is the latest buzz on the Note 9 talking big battery... or small depending on frame size it says. So that means... nobody knows lol.

I'm pretty skeptical on the latest rumor just from the idea that... if the phone dimensions will be pretty close to last years, then I don't see how they can shoehorn a bigger battery in the phone.

Another thing... look at the latest pic in the below article that all the rumors have been based off. they are trying to show with cameras horizontally mounted gives extra space for a huge battery. If you look at the layout of the S8, S9, Note 8... you have all the main chips (CPU, Memory, audio, power management chip going down the side of the phone next to battery. And then with the Notes, you have to use up the other side of the phone for the pen silo. In the photo, where is the space for the pen silo?

Unless they do a major redesign of the motherboard layout to free up that much space, I don't see the battery as big as shown.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-note-9-battery,news-27390.html

Where are ppl seeing the note 9 having a smaller battery? Everything I'm reading is saying at least 3850mah which is bigger Thang the S9+.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Sad to see you won't be around for note9. But got to do what you got to do. Hope you enjoy your iPhone:)

thank you. if Samsung would remove their collective heads from their derrières and google wasn't about selling us and giving away our privacy, I would never go. but since neither can be fixed or helped, I will sadly walk away. it's been a great nine years with android though. I had so much fun! hacking, customizing, etc. it's been a riot.

I'll still come around to see what's up though ;)

Awhispersecho

Trusted Member
Sep 27, 2017
Visit site
I am so up in the air about this. Beautiful screen, great camera, top of the line specs and the S pen. But I absolutely despise the Samsung services. There is no reason to have Samsung browser interfering with another browser I might want to use. I have 3 stupid cloud services because there is Google and Samsung on my phone which I don't use because I use Onedrive. I could go on and on. Android is a convoluted mess and when you add in all the extra Samsung crap it becomes beyond annoying. However, it may end up being the only phone that doesn't have a notch and that alone will force me to get it.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I am so up in the air about this. Beautiful screen, great camera, top of the line specs and the S pen. But I absolutely despise the Samsung services. There is no reason to have Samsung browser interfering with another browser I might want to use. I have 3 stupid cloud services because there is Google and Samsung on my phone which I don't use because I use Onedrive. I could go on and on. Android is a convoluted mess and when you add in all the extra Samsung crap it becomes beyond annoying. However, it may end up being the only phone that doesn't have a notch and that alone will force me to get it.
I am not having any problem with Samsung interfering with my browser. I use chrome and haven't had any issues.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If we do get 512gb SoC, 8gb Ram, 4000mah battery, 6.4 inch display and upgraded S9 rear camera and upgraded front camera.... And it's still kept under 1K.. Be hard to refuse it to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.