I love everything about my Note 8 other than for me it is too large to put easily in a pocket or even many small purses. I would love a mini version. I read that was a possibility. Has anyone heard if a mini Samsung will happen this year?
    06-09-2018 12:25 PM
    Well the FE version sold out so it wouldn't surprise me it there would be on in the future as well
    kitmo likes this.
    06-09-2018 01:52 PM
    Well the FE version sold out so it wouldn't surprise me it there would be on in the future as well
    The FE was not a mini version. It was pretty much a reburbished Note 7 that they rebranded as Fan Edition to make some money back.

I don't think they would ever make a mini note line because that would mean a tiny battery to ne able to fit the SPen in the body.
    06-09-2018 02:13 PM
    The FE wasn’t a smaller note.

I love everything about my Note 8 other than for me it is too large to put easily in a pocket or even many small purses. I would love a mini version. I read that was a possibility. Has anyone heard if a mini Samsung will happen this year?
    I really don’t see it happening. Heck, I just hope they keep giving the Note features that help differentiate it from the S line. If you don’t use the S-Pen there really isn’t a reason to get the Note over the S9+.
    kitmo, Tsepz_GP and kixfan like this.
    06-09-2018 03:12 PM
    the s8/s9 is the mini version
    kitmo and kixfan like this.
    06-09-2018 11:53 PM
    But we love the S pen! So S8 or 9 is not an option. Personally I would loove a smaller note. I tried so hard to get the FE
    06-10-2018 12:20 AM
    No it's not. The S pen is what makes us love the Note line.
    06-10-2018 12:20 AM
    you have a choice, a tiny note with pen and a four hour battery or an s9. Samsung doesn't seem to be budging on battery size. the note 8 has a 3300 and the s9 has a 3000. are you willing to put up with a 2500 battery?
    06-10-2018 01:01 AM
    Highly doubt we will see a smaller Note. The whole point of this phone is for it to be a niche, large screened device to allow the best usage of the SPen, especially for content creators.

I do believe Samsung probably also make larger margins on the Note devices as they charger a higher premium for them, so even business wise it makes sense to keep it the way it is.
    kitmo likes this.
    06-10-2018 02:01 AM
    But we love the S pen! So S8 or 9 is not an option. Personally I would loove a smaller note. I tried so hard to get the FE
    I see new FE being sold on ebay. I wonder if that would be an option? Or maybe the ebay FE is some sort of knock off?
    06-10-2018 11:15 AM
    Im sorry. But Why?

The point of the large display and spen is so you can be productive while on the go.

The same features on a smaller phone with less battery would be quite annoying.

I buy the note line cause it offers the large screen, the camera and processors is always better on this model and the spen is just the icing on that little spec cake. Just to be able to load something up and sign for it or change it on my device.
    burrzoo likes this.
    06-10-2018 03:40 PM
    And the FE ( Fan edition) is just the note 7 refurbished and resold with a smaller battery. It's the same size as the note 8 and note 5.
    06-10-2018 03:42 PM
    No, they will not
    06-11-2018 06:30 AM
    I see new FE being sold on ebay. I wonder if that would be an option? Or maybe the ebay FE is some sort of knock off?
    Not at all worth it at this point.

If you have a Note8 and get a FE you will feel the downgrade.

The FE has:

2GB Less RAM (4GB RAM)
    Older Exynos 8890 CPU
    Older S7 Edge Camera with no 2x Zoom
    Smaller battery
    Less Updates
    burrzoo likes this.
    06-11-2018 06:48 AM
    If they'd make a Note that have the same dimensions as the LG G6, it'd be the absolute perfect phone for me. The Note series is big to begin with. 6.3" is insane. I like it, but I'm not in love with it. As I spend more time with it we'll see.
    06-12-2018 10:31 PM
    The FE is NOT a Note knock off or a smaller version of it. It was what Samsung rebranded the refurbished Note 7s that it recalled. They were sold only in Korea.
    06-13-2018 02:23 AM
    To be honest, for me, the S pen is not that big of a deal. The S pen is too small for me to use comfortably. I got the Note 8 because of its specs, mainly RAM, processor, and storage capacity, both internal and external (microSD).
    06-13-2018 02:29 AM