I just got a replacement about 3 weeks ago for a bad screen, bad pixels. I just noticed, by accident, that there is a strange spot on my screen, more like it's pushing up from the back side. It's not noticeable with the screen on but it's still there.
    I figure with the 30 days running out and that the screens are put in super tight, they all have a very tiny lump, I might not want to chance it.
    06-11-2018 10:50 PM
    I just got a replacement about 3 weeks ago for a bad screen, bad pixels. I just noticed, by accident, that there is a strange spot on my screen, more like it's pushing up from the back side. It's not noticeable with the screen on but it's still there.
    I figure with the 30 days running out and that the screens are put in super tight, they all have a very tiny lump, I might not want to chance it.
    You have more than 30 days for a warranty replacement.
    06-12-2018 12:06 AM
    You have more than 30 days for a warranty replacement.
    Not on a refurb. That's the "we'll take it back if it's defective " period. After that it's a insurance claim. That's what my paperwork says.
    06-12-2018 12:18 AM
    Not on a refurb. That's the "we'll take it back if it's defective " period. After that it's a insurance claim. That's what my paperwork says.
    Who's your carrier? Or did you get it from Samsung or a third party seller? I did a warranty replacement on my S8+ about five months after getting it because of bad pixels. I just took it to the Verizon store and I had a replacement device in about three days. There is a one year manufacturers defect warranty on your device. Insurance is if something happens to the device that is not covered by the warranty, like dropping it and cracking the screen.

The refurbished one also has a one year warranty.
    06-12-2018 12:28 AM
    unlocked from Samsung through their premium care.

this is the one area Samsung needs to address, local stores. the closest Samsung repair store is four hours away. they need to hook up with best buy or another store for costumer service needs. Apple may be expensive but they have retail shops everywhere.
    I hate to complain about this but my first N8 had a bad charging system, they sent me a new one and it had bad pixels. the reman had a brand new screen but the back looked like it was sanded with 600 grit and it has a weird spot under the screen. but at least I got two free s pens, charging cables and all the accessories.
    I wonder if I pay a price difference they would send me an s9. I went through this with my S7, first two were great (my fault I dropped then and paid the deductible), then I got remans and went through five that were all garbage then I got annoyed and sent it in for trade for my N8.
    06-12-2018 01:40 AM
    In that case, get it replaced. The problem is how did the current one you have make it through quality control if the back is scratched.
    06-12-2018 01:50 AM
    In that case, get it replaced. The problem is how did the current one you have make it through quality control if the back is scratched.
    When it comes to refurb phones the back being scratched doesn't impede any functional use. It's unfortunately you get what you get.
    I'll call them this weekend.
    06-12-2018 01:27 PM
    I would ask myself if it's going to be an issue. Then I would ask myself if I can live with it. I would not accept anything less than what I had in the first place.
    06-13-2018 03:28 PM