After This, I Will Never Let One of My Customers Leave with a Samsung Device

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Different USB cable? Different computer and/or different OS? (like a Linux distro or something). Specifically, I know Windows 10 build 1803 has been doing some rather weird things with certain hardware lately.

As for the crashing issues, setting the device up as new will not cause apps to start downloading automatically (tested that when I set up my Note 8 with no backups being available on the cloud because I was using Android P beta on my Pixel 2 XL before this). Make sure you're also not restoring from a backup with your Samsung account.
U know maybe ur on to something. I have not tried a different pc. It could be an issue within windows 10.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Are you using a sd card and if so are you using the same one in each replacement phone. I had one card go bad and it made my phone go nuts. I even lost a photo of a foster child of ours

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Looks like my music has fixed itself over the last few weeks. So I wonder if the issue with that was windows 10 mismatching songs with artists. Now all my songs have the right artist. Or it could have been an issue with Oreo and the last update fixed it, just took time to resolve the file structure. My sdcard is usually only used for music or video I transfer manually when I use one. I'm going to test the 4k video recording again and see if this has been resolved as well.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Get a new Sim Card and SD card, which you will verify in a separate device . I only read through 40 posts, so excuse this if it was posted already.

borgranta

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
One thing that all 4 of the OP's phones appear to have in common is Android Oreo. Perhaps the OP should do a factory reset and test hot the phone works without installing anything at all.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Ask yourself, what variables are constants and what are not.
From what I have read:

Constant Variables
You
Your phone set up
Your computer and programs
Your process
Cords?
SD card?

Non Constant Variables
The Note 8's (you've had 4 different, independent of each other)

You are taking indepently, different variables and applying several or more consistent variable and the result is the same. I agree with many of the respo ders that your issues are not with the phone.
Kinda like getting angry with the canvas because you don't like how you paint or the color or subject.....

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
One thing that all 4 of the OP's phones appear to have in common is Android Oreo. Perhaps the OP should do a factory reset and test hot the phone works without installing anything at all.
One thing they all have in common is the OP.

Plenty of us using Oreo just fine.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well the only thing that did not resolve is my 4k recording issue. Everything else fixed itself. All files have been restored to original names, dates, etc. So maybe the corruption was due to so file reorganization like windows does.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Are you using a sd card and if so are you using the same one in each replacement phone. I had one card go bad and it made my phone go nuts. I even lost a photo of a foster child of ours
I would like to know what the model and size of the OP's SD card. Either the card is bad, or he's gotten a counterfeit.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Apparently I should have kept watching for replies. So Ill start from the top.
- Yes they were all different Note8s. They were all replaced through AT&T as that is what my replacement plan is through and as Im located in Alaska, there is no Samsung service center in my area.

- No offence taken, as a former computer service rep, if I heard this I would assume User error as well. However I cannot think how this can be the case as every with ever replacement device the problems started before any old data was transferred. I set the device up as new, no restoring from a backup in any way and as im halfway through downloading apps the dialogue boxes "System UI has Stopped" followed by every Google App, Samsung App and System Process ( ie process.android.media.com or android.phone.com etc) crashing in a cascade. And I hadnt transferred ANYTHING over yet, I even got a new SIM card to be safe. This has happened 4 times in a row. The latest time I even went so far as to take the still closed in box Note8 from warrenty to the Samsung Experience Rep at my local Best Buy and had him do a software reflash before I even turned it on, just to make sure there was no corrupt data on it. "Samsung Home Experience" started crashing before my 1st app finished downloading. All starting soon after the 8.0 upgrade.

- Im trying to get it swapped for a 9+ on warranty so it doesnt use my upgrade and thats only because from what I was told, switching brands will void my upgrade
What is the model and size of your SD card?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty