07-07-2018 11:20 AM
74 123
tools
    For 3 months now, (ever since 30 minutes after a FORCED, UNWANTED UPDATE to 8.0) my Note8 has had every app up to and including the System UI crashing multiple time daily. No problem, that's why I pay extra for a warranty right? WRONG I'm on my 4th Note8 now for the same issues. And before you ask, I set up every new device as new, so no backups! It is now to the point where I can't use my phone for more then 3 hours without my $1000 piece of hardware having a stroke and corrupting irreplaceable data. I have had Samsung for years and have always pushed the brand to my customers because of my overwhelmingly positive experience with their products. This situation and the lack of assistance from Samsung itself has butchered every ounce of that goodwill.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    06-16-2018 01:50 PM
    For 3 months now, (ever since 30 minutes after a FORCED, UNWANTED UPDATE to 8.0) my Note8 has had every app up to and including the System UI crashing multiple time daily. No problem, that's why I pay extra for a warranty right? WRONG I'm on my 4th Note8 now for the same issues. And before you ask, I set up every new device as new, so no backups! It is now to the point where I can't use my phone for more then 3 hours without my $1000 piece of hardware having a stroke and corrupting irreplaceable data. I have had Samsung for years and have always pushed the brand to my customers because of my overwhelmingly positive experience with their products. This situation and the lack of assistance from Samsung itself has butchered every ounce of that goodwill.
    I have bought 2 note 8s and haven't had any issues.
    j_hansen, iSilas and rdubmu like this.
    06-16-2018 01:59 PM
    Good for you? I've owned A Note, Note 2 , Note 3, Note 4, Note 5, Tab S, Tab S 2 etc etc and didnt have any issues. Now I cant open the gallery without pictures of friends that have died getting corrupted.
    06-16-2018 02:06 PM
    Sorry to hear of all your issues. Obviously no one is going to change your mind.
    My note 8 updated to Oreo quite a while ago, I have no apps crashing at all.
    Hopefully you can take the sdcard out and save your pics.
    iSilas and Ry like this.
    06-16-2018 02:50 PM
    Are you a salesperson at a carrier?
    06-16-2018 03:09 PM
    Are you a salesperson at a carrier?
    Not specifically at a Carrier but the company I work for does sell phones through other carriers.
    06-16-2018 03:19 PM
    I'm so sorry that is happening to you. Have you thought about what device you're going to go to next? Also, are you a sales rep? That's gotta be a great job!
    06-16-2018 03:36 PM
    You are on your 4th Note8 and having same issues.... Still blaming the phone... LOL
    06-16-2018 04:57 PM
    I went through five garbage S7 refurbs and two note 8s that had factory defects, plus my third N8, a refurb, has a defect under the screen.
    06-16-2018 05:02 PM
    Good for you? I've owned A Note, Note 2 , Note 3, Note 4, Note 5, Tab S, Tab S 2 etc etc and didnt have any issues. Now I cant open the gallery without pictures of friends that have died getting corrupted.

Sorry wasn't trying to be a jerk was just stating that all notes aren't like that. Maybe you are just having a run of bad luck with them or is it a corrupted SD card?
    Jewels81, 11B1P, rdubmu and 4 others like this.
    06-16-2018 05:42 PM
    Then you're not the type of sales-person I want helping me. It's not your place to tell the customers what to buy. I agree with other comments. You've gone thru 4 phones, doing the same set up process and you're blaming Samsung? And you haven't tried a new SD card?
    iSilas, 1raygin, Thejoey12 and 3 others like this.
    06-16-2018 06:08 PM
    I have bought 2 note 8s and haven't had any issues.
    Sorry about your misfortunes. I have 3 note 8's and 1 S8 for mom. I can't wait for the note 9. I usually sell off my current phone for the Next Note. But for the first time I'm keeping the Note 8, and I'm a still upgrade.

Sometimes it takes talking to that one person that will go above and beyond to satisfy a customer in need of assistance.
    Hang in there, I really wish you the best.
    REPLY was meant for O.P. so sorry
    06-16-2018 06:37 PM
    Sounds more like something getting corrupted in the system rather than a problem of the phone itself. If you're experiencing this on 4 Notes, that's more likely than something wrong with the Note itself. Basically your backup is shot. If you get a new phone, you should not restore your backup and start from scratch. Transfer your photos manually as well.
    srayjacobs and JPR45 like this.
    06-16-2018 08:03 PM
    gone through 4 phones and have had the same issues. sounds like an app you use is not compatible with 8.0 and causing the problems. You need to install apps one by one until you find the culpret.
    srayjacobs and djrakowski like this.
    06-16-2018 08:03 PM
    I have to agree with the comments here. I don't think it's the phones ' issues.
    06-16-2018 08:04 PM
    Sorry wasn't trying to be a jerk was just stating that all notes aren't like that. Maybe you are just having a run of bad luck with them or is it a corrupted SD card?
    Shouldn't have to apologize. Most people would take your post as someone just stating their experience. And some people just....well, you see where that went lol. And you definitely don't sound like a jerk to me
    06-16-2018 09:06 PM
    Sounds more like something getting corrupted in the system rather than a problem of the phone itself. If you're experiencing this on 4 Notes, that's more likely than something wrong with the Note itself. Basically your backup is shot. If you get a new phone, you should not restore your backup and start from scratch. Transfer your photos manually as well.
    He specifically said he was not restoring from backups.
    libra89 and 103Softail like this.
    06-17-2018 03:18 AM
    Right, but there has to be some common denominator on his side. Maybe the SD card as some have mentioned. I find it too hard to believe that he experienced the same rare problem across 4 different phones just by random, incredibly bad luck.
    j_hansen and sweetypie31 like this.
    06-17-2018 05:00 AM
    He refers to irreplaceable data. Which I would understand as he's transferring something over. It may not be actual backups that he did like SmartSwitch backups or the like but stuff he copied over via SD card.
    06-17-2018 06:26 AM
    Right, but there has to be some common denominator on his side. Maybe the SD card as some have mentioned. I find it too hard to believe that he experienced the same rare problem across 4 different phones just by random, incredibly bad luck.
    Does seem very unlikely that 4 phones would be defective ...must be something else causing this ...sorry you are having these issues
    iSilas likes this.
    06-17-2018 06:54 AM
    He is not alone in this issue. I haven't replaced mine but have the same corruption issues with anything I transfer from the device. My wife does as well. Mine is unlocked her's is Verizon branded. It does not matter if you use an sd card or not. It still does it. It did not do this before oreo! Music files are corrupted, pictures, documents, etc. Anything that is transferable. The only blame I give Samsung is the fact they know and refuse to admit publicly that Oreo has an issue. Google gets this blame for the fact this affects all Samsung devices and none of Google's. Battery life has been destroyed by oreo as well. Give us the option to update or not. Give us the ability to downgrade the bootloader back so we can go back to 7.1.1. The security updates are what most would call useless if our devices don't perform the way they should. I have tried minimal apps and new setups. They don't work to fix this problem.
    dotdotexclamation likes this.
    06-17-2018 06:55 AM
    He is not alone in this issue. I haven't replaced mine but have the same corruption issues with anything I transfer from the device. My wife does as well. Mine is unlocked her's is Verizon branded. It does not matter if you use an sd card or not. It still does it. It did not do this before oreo! Music files are corrupted, pictures, documents, etc. Anything that is transferable. The only blame I give Samsung is the fact they know and refuse to admit publicly that Oreo has an issue. Google gets this blame for the fact this affects all Samsung devices and none of Google's. Battery life has been destroyed by oreo as well. Give us the option to update or not. Give us the ability to downgrade the bootloader back so we can go back to 7.1.1. The security updates are what most would call useless if our devices don't perform the way they should. I have tried minimal apps and new setups. They don't work to fix this problem.
    Have you tried factory resetting the device?

I must admit I never experienced any issues, but as I live outside the US, none of my devices are altered as much as US carrier devices are.
    06-17-2018 07:43 AM
    Have you tried factory resetting the device?

I must admit I never experienced any issues, but as I live outside the US, none of my devices are altered as much as US carrier devices are.
    I'm on Verizon in the US. No issues.
    06-17-2018 07:50 AM
    Google gets this blame for the fact this affects all Samsung devices and none of Google's. Battery life has been destroyed by oreo as well.
    It does not affect all Samsung devices, and my battery is the same before and after Oreo. I know it's annoying and shouldn't be needed, but maybe a factory reset could sort it out for you? If the Oreo system software works on my Verizon Note 8, it should work on your wifes.
    06-17-2018 07:55 AM
    It does not affect all Samsung devices, and my battery is the same before and after Oreo. I know it's annoying and shouldn't be needed, but maybe a factory reset could sort it out for you? If the Oreo system software works on my Verizon Note 8, it should work on your wifes.
    It's a shame for sure, updates should just work.
    That's why I'm not one of the impatient ones whining about updates being so slow, I'd rather have them thoroughly tested.

I have Oreo on my Note 8, Tab S3, and my gf has it on her S6 with none of the issues in this thread.
    kj11 and iSilas like this.
    06-17-2018 08:17 AM
74 123