Up until yesterday, I have been using SHealth to monitor my daily step count. I have a Gear S3 Frontier watch that is paired with my Note8. Previously, both devices would record step count as I walk around and S Health would combine the two, eliminating duplications. Worked like a champ!

Today, however, I had to put the Gear S3 on the charger for a few hours. No problem -- the Note8 would record the steps taken when I take the dog for a half-mile walk. WRONG! The Note8 says it has recorded 0 steps today.

This is NOT due to the Gear being on the charger. Before today, my Note8 recorded steps with or without the Gear S3 on my wrist.

I have tried to follow the HELP suggestions to turn on step counting, but it is apparently on as the settings selection buried in S Health show the option to "Pause auto step counting." I have tried turning off and back on, but still no step count.

Any suggestions?
    06-22-2018 11:54 AM
    Try this:
    1) Open Samsung Health
    2) Click on the Steps area
    3) Directly under the graph you will see a button "Mine says 'Gear S3'". Click it.
    4) You should see a dialog pop up showing the source of step count.
    5) Based on your post, I think that you want to click on "All steps" so they are recorded on phone and Gear S3.
    06-22-2018 03:50 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have had it set to "All Steps" as the default. Still does not record any steps on my Note8 today. Formerly, I would have one total for the NOte8, another total for the Gear S3, and a third combined total for "All devices." Now, the "All devices" is the same as the "Gear S3" total and the Note8 step count is zero. I leave the count on "All steps" as the default.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Any other thoughts?
    06-22-2018 04:57 PM
    Mine stopped working after the gdpr thing, I cleared cache and accepted T&C's again after reopening the app and all good
    06-24-2018 02:53 PM
    I don't have any wearables attached but mine stopped working too. Over 3 weeks ago, downloaded pacer, that didn't work either. Help please
    06-26-2018 02:10 PM
    I don't have any wearables attached but mine stopped working too. Over 3 weeks ago, downloaded pacer, that didn't work either. Help please
    Settings - apps - select the Sammy health app - in storage clear cache but leave data alone
    06-26-2018 02:25 PM
    I've done this, still not working.
    07-01-2018 03:19 AM
    I've done this, still not working.
    have you tried updating samsung apps ?
    07-02-2018 06:17 AM
    I have updated, still not working I even installed other pedometers like Google fit and pacer. Still no step count. It remains at 0.
    07-04-2018 06:42 PM
    Delete the app and start again?
    07-04-2018 07:01 PM
    Uninstalled and reinstalled couple of times, didn't work either.
    07-07-2018 02:49 AM
    Uninstalled and reinstalled couple of times, didn't work either.
    Did you force stop, clear data and cache first, and then uninstall app? Re-boot and install latest Samsung Health app? You basically want it to function as it did as when it was new. I'm sure you have tried everything possible. Good luck. I really depend on my Samsung Health for counting steps and would miss it.
    07-07-2018 03:50 PM
    Yes i did and restarted the phone. Just can't figure out the problem and i really depended on it. Even tried other pedometer apps too but they don't work either, it's a real bummer for me. Thanks for your help tho.
    07-08-2018 11:45 AM
    Yes i did and restarted the phone. Just can't figure out the problem and i really depended on it. Even tried other pedometer apps too but they don't work either, it's a real bummer for me. Thanks for your help tho.
    You are welcome. I just read one more thing to try which is to go into system apps clear the cache on the phone app and then shut down phone and start it.
    07-08-2018 12:38 PM
    I've tried that again, still no luck. Thank you.
    07-19-2018 01:49 PM
    Mine stopped working as well on my Note 8. I mowed the lawn today with my phone in my pocket, 0 steps.
    07-29-2018 11:43 PM
    if other pedometer apps don't work either then it's is sounding more and more like a hardware issue, have you looked into warranty repair
    07-30-2018 07:45 AM
    You're right. My mic stopped working so I took it to Samsung Care. I got the phone back after 3 days and everything works fine again. Thank you.
    08-23-2018 05:32 PM