Administreator mode For access like with PCs?

diagoro

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I recently had my screen replaced by ibreakufix (due to burn in).

In order to replace the screen, the tech stated he needed my password to test the device. This left me extremely uncomfortable. Don't they have an admin type login/access like they do with PCs?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No. They don't on PCs either, except that most PCs, Windows, Linux, come with default admin logins that some people are foolish enough to not change. Android doesn't have any default - you have to choose a PIN, password or pattern when you set it up.

Don't worry, though - they're too busy to do anything with your data (unless you have a plan to violently overthrow the US government, maybe - they may have an obligation to report treason), and as soon as they finish your phone, they're onto the next one and they've forgotten your password.

Of course what you should have done (assuming that you always keep backups of everything, which you should) was to remove your Google account from the phone, then done a factory reset, then brought it into them. There would be no password and no data for them to steal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463