Video lock screen from galaxy s9 is available on the Note 8

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
I just set it up on my phone using a video I made at Butchart Gardens in Victoria, British Columbia and it looks pretty nice.

https://www.gsmarena.com/video_lock...ailable_on_galaxy_s8_and_note8-news-31983.php

PS The article says to go to the video in your gallery and use 3 dots in upper right corner and "set as background" from the gallery. I didn't have that option at the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, but I used "set as wall paper" and that worked fine.

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's pretty nice. But I have noticed that since being enabled it has slowed down the device marginally. With the main place I notice is when my phone rings. It'll ring about 3 times before the caller appears on my screen.

But otherwise it's beautiful

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Yeah it's pretty nice. But I have noticed that since being enabled it has slowed down the device marginally. With the main place I notice is when my phone rings. It'll ring about 3 times before the caller appears on my screen.

But otherwise it's beautiful

I just tried phoning my cell phone and the caller name came up instanteously. I guess I have a lucky phone as I have not had any problems ever with updates etc. (knocking on wood lol).

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Can't see an option on my phone either, the article says this feature is included in the June update.

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Can't see an option on my phone either, the article says this feature is included in the June update.

Look at my PS on my original post and go to gallery, choose a short video, and just set as wallpaper, and follow instructions and it will set it to lock screen.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Look at my PS on my original post and go to gallery, choose a short video, and just set as wallpaper, and follow instructions and it will set it to lock screen.

There is no option to 'set as' after hitting the 3 dots
Can you tell me what build number your Android version is?
Settings/about phone/software information/build number,
If it ends CRF4 then then that's the reason I don't have the option to set videos in lockscreen, I am on CRF1 but still June 1st update.

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
If it ends CRF4 then then that's the reason I don't have the option to set videos in lockscreen, I am on CRF1 but still June 1st update.

I have CRF1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180701-130151_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180701-130151_Settings.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 59

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site

This is what I see in gallery.
Screenshot_20180701-130216_Gallery.jpg

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Yes that's the same version as I have.

I don't know what else to suggest. Maybe if you have a store near that sells Samsung phones they could help? I think the Gallery automatically updates with other apps if you have that ticked off in settings. I will keep searching around to see if I can find an answer.

Perhaps one more thing to try would be to go into settings, apps, 3 dots, and choose system apps, scroll down to gallery app, click on storage, and clear data and clear cache.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Tried all that, even uninstalling updates then reinstalling.
Anyone else with a UK unlocked N950F able to set a video as lockscreen wallpaper?

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Tried all that, even uninstalling updates then reinstalling.
Anyone else with a UK unlocked N950F able to set a video as lockscreen wallpaper?

Mine is a Canada N950W. When I think about it, I think I had this feature sometime in May on my phone. I know that I have had "set as wallpaper" as a feature for ages. But I had never tried it without a video before I read the article.

Last edited:

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Mine is a Canada N950W. When I think about it, I think I had this feature sometime in May on my phone. I know that I have had "set as wallpaper" as a feature for ages. But I had never tried it without a video before I read the article.

My system software update was installed on June 21st with security patch level June 1st.
I'm surprised that this lockscreen option is not available for me so if someone with a similar version of my Note 8 (unlocked UK N950f) can check this and report back, I will know if it's my software version or my phone!

wdfrancis58

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm still on the May security patch. I'm able to do this. I have a video on my lockscreen. All I did was update the gallery app in the galaxy apps store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy