I'm finally getting around to use my Samsung SD card I got last year with my Note 8. When I put it in my phone its unable to format. It keeps giving me some command and partition errors. It does the same thing with my Samsung J7 from a few years. I don't have access to a disc reader on my PC to try to fornat it there. What could be causing this issue? Btw its a Samsung EVO plus 128gb. Class 10.
    07-02-2018 08:36 AM
    I'm finally getting around to use my Samsung SD card I got last year with my Note 8. When I put it in my phone its unable to format. It keeps giving me some command and partition errors. It does the same thing with my Samsung J7 from a few years. I don't have access to a disc reader on my PC to try to fornat it there. What could be causing this issue? Btw its a Samsung EVO plus 128gb. Class 10.
    Removing the card - even once - without dismounting it fist - often corrupts the card. It is possible this was done once in the past - or it was subjected to excessive heat or a lower quality device corrupted it. If you can connect the card to a PC and force it to do a full reformat it MIGHT be useable (DO NOT FORGET TO DUSMOUNT IT BEFORE DISCONNECTING IT!). Otherwise exchange or replace it - particularly if you are going to store valuable information on it. (I thought I saw that card for sale as low as $25 bucks recently.) Hope this helps...
    07-02-2018 08:55 AM
    Removing the card - even once - without dismounting it fist - often corrupts the card. It is possible this was done once in the past - or it was subjected to excessive heat or a lower quality device corrupted it. If you can connect the card to a PC and force it to do a full reformat it MIGHT be useable (DO NOT FORGET TO DUSMOUNT IT BEFORE DISCONNECTING IT!). Otherwise exchange or replace it - particularly if you are going to store valuable information on it. (I thought I saw that card for sale as low as $25 bucks recently.) Hope this helps...
    Last night was the first time it was ever opened. Put it in my phone then was instructed to first format it and then got stuck at 20%. Then nothing.
    07-02-2018 09:02 AM
    Sounds like a defect.
    If you can get access to a PC try fixing it with chkdsk, if that doesn't work you'll need a new one. I had to replace mine a couple of months ago.
    Epitome likes this.
    07-02-2018 03:31 PM
    It didn't work on my PC. So I called Samsung and they are going to issue a new SD card. All I have to do is send in the defective one and after they recieve it they will send out another one to replace this one.
    07-02-2018 09:58 PM
    Good.
    07-02-2018 10:20 PM