Has anyone found a work around for the idiotic screen timeout? I have tried a couple of apps but with no real success as they are spotty at best on Oreo.

Sometimes I can't even get a phone number entered into the number pad or get a call answered before it blacks out. Have even hung up on a call because I activated to bring alive on bottom of screen and hit the Red Hangup Button inadvertently.

I simply don't understand why 'they' make these changes without looking at what the bigger picture for [actual users] is or Beta test so that we can feedback what has been screwed up. Suppose that is too logical.
    07-03-2018 02:43 PM
    I'm sorry if I am misunderstanding, but have you tried changing the screen time out in settings?
    07-03-2018 05:13 PM
    Have done this - seems to have absolutely no impact on the screen blackout I, and others, are experiencing. There are a couple of apps that this does not happen on - Message and camera/gallery, but it seems to happen every where else. The blackout time is 5 seconds or less.
    07-03-2018 05:56 PM
    I don't understand why this would be happening. I don't have this issue on my note 8 with ATT. There must be a setting you are overlooking.
    07-03-2018 06:20 PM
    Have done this - seems to have absolutely no impact on the screen blackout I, and others, are experiencing. There are a couple of apps that this does not happen on - Message and camera/gallery, but it seems to happen every where else. The blackout time is 5 seconds or less.
    I see. That is really odd. I definitely have not had that issue. I hope you find the answer. That would drive me crazy.
    07-03-2018 06:35 PM
    I have NEVER had this happen. It spounds like you & a few others might be experiencing some fluke. It could be another app or setting interacting with the screen timeout time causing this problem. Try running the phone in SAFE Mode & see if the problem still exist, & go from there.
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-03-2018 07:00 PM
    No problems here either. I have screen timeout set to 30 seconds, and that is what it does.
    I also have Smart Stay turned on. This features works occasionally.
    You should probably return the phone if this is a new phone with all settings set correctly.
    07-04-2018 09:20 AM