Ever since I got it back from Samsung (sent it in for screen burn in) I get this pop up, usually when I get a call. When this happens, the fingerprint scanner doesn't work. Anyone else have this issue?
    Attached Thumbnails phone keeps acting up-7120.jpg  
    07-13-2018 07:29 PM
    sometimes it happens randomly and I can't unlock the phone.
    07-13-2018 07:29 PM
    Unfortunately the Samsung Phone app is not listed under apps for you to uninstall/reinstall. So if it is the phone app that is corrupted, you can try to sideload the latest version of Samsung Phone to see if it will fix your issue. And that's assuming the only issue is the phone app causing all your problems.

Otherwise I'd just factory restore the entire phone.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsun...20-25-release/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-14-2018 02:15 PM
    I havent seen that one yet. Maybe try to wipe the cache in recovery mode and reset all default apps.

Did they replace the screen and digitizer? Wondering if something isnt quite connected right. I hope it's a fluke thing that can be resolved with the cache wiping or at most factory data reset.
    07-14-2018 07:31 PM
    Is this the ONLY app that is affected? If not, what other apps are crashing? When Samsung repaired it, did it do a factory reset?

If it was a hardware problem or a bad connection, it would effect more that just the phone app.

Personally, I would have done a complete factory reset once I got it back from Samsung. I recommend you do the same. Back up everything and factory reset. This will install a fresh new copy of all of the baseline firmware and software.
    07-16-2018 04:14 PM
    they replaced the screen and digitizer and a few other things, I'm going to try to clear the cache and factory reset the phone. if that doesn't work, I'll send it back to them (I have my S7E still so I have a backup)
    amyf27 and Morty2264 like this.
    07-17-2018 05:51 AM
    I have had the same issue since updating Oreo. And way too lazy to do a factory reset

Happens more than on the phone app also
    07-17-2018 10:49 AM
    I just found that my Timely alarm app is getting that pop up too. I deleted it and now i will see if that fixes it.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-18-2018 05:26 AM
    OP, your screenshot of your dialer looks odd. Shouldn't there be some kind of photo shown as well?
    It just looks a little blank.
    Anyways, did you check the permissions on your Contacts app? It should have camera, contacts, phone & SMS listed. Maybe one is missing.
    07-18-2018 06:10 AM
    I have a picture that usually pops up when I get calls from people I know, unlisted numbers come through like this. it always has, so if it's not supposed to be like this, I would never know, hahaha. I will look into the permissions to make sure they are all checked correctly, thanks for the advice.
    07-19-2018 06:05 AM
    I have a picture that usually pops up when I get calls from people I know, unlisted numbers come through like this. it always has, so if it's not supposed to be like this, I would never know, hahaha. I will look into the permissions to make sure they are all checked correctly, thanks for the advice.
    Tue. I never thought about unknown callers. I have a fee assigned to SCAM LIKELY in my contacts. I don't recall any picture on those. I might assign it a big middle finger.
    07-19-2018 09:33 PM
    Any updates on your situation, OP? Hope you are closer to a resolution! That's good that you have another phone to use as a backup, just in case!
    07-19-2018 10:33 PM
    nope, not solved, I just got out of the shower and my phone was completely black (I don't use always on anymore, so usually the little square is on the screen). I tried to fingerprint unlock and it didn't work, so I touched the screen and the "system UI has stopped" popped up again, then the home screen came on, but completely black with my icons and then in snapped back to the lock screen. what on the world could this be? I've deleted the alarm app I thought it was.
    07-20-2018 04:26 AM
    Someone suggested a factory reset earlier. Was this done yet? If not, did you try the Rest Settings option first? Sometimes, this fixes random issues.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-20-2018 06:11 AM
    nope, not solved, I just got out of the shower and my phone was completely black (I don't use always on anymore, so usually the little square is on the screen). I tried to fingerprint unlock and it didn't work, so I touched the screen and the "system UI has stopped" popped up again, then the home screen came on, but completely black with my icons and then in snapped back to the lock screen. what on the world could this be? I've deleted the alarm app I thought it was.
    That's so awful, I'm sorry! Try the suggestion the user above me stated and get back to us! Can you return or exchange the device? Do you have any insurance on it?
    07-20-2018 11:40 AM
    I do have insurance, and I'm still under the Samsung warranty of 1 year. I will try to reset the settings and see what happens. thanks all for the help, I feel really stupid because I usually can figure this stuff out .
    07-20-2018 04:35 PM