Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding a problem with the internal speaker on my fiancée's Note 8

She has a Note 8s running on the Sprint network. Both are running Android 8.0.0. Sprint unlimited everything plan.

Voice callers can only he heard through the speakerphone. Nothing from the internal speaker at all. All volume and speakerphone settings appear to me normal. I have even cleaned the speaker grill as well. Am I missing something simple in the settings or is this a hardware problem?

Any information, thoughts, ideas, comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you for the time and have a great day!

Respectfully,
    George D
    07-14-2018 08:00 PM
    It's probably a hardware problem - a bad internal speaker. (It's a different speaker than the one used for speakerphone.) Since it's under warranty, see if you can talk Sprint into a straight swap (talk to the store manager). They can, if they want to go to the trouble, have the wholesaler replace it, so they don't lose anything. (And, if they do that, they can just transfer everything over to the new phone.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-15-2018 01:55 PM
    Thanks for the info, Rukbat!
    07-15-2018 09:48 PM
    See if the problem goes away in Safe Mode, in case some app is interfering: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-36242. But I agree with Rukbat, it's probably a problem with the mic itself.
    07-15-2018 10:15 PM