pop up ads on home screen on fake note 8

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

hey guys. ok so long story short, i got scewed over in a trade and landed up with a knock off samsung note 8. so im trying to make the best of a bad situation. The phone still operates but i have extremely annoying pop up ads that appear almost everytime i unlock the phone and i have absolutely no downloaded apps on the thing. could it be in the actual android software? any help or advice from here would be a great help. thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing that the manufacturer allowed preinstalled stuff of an unpleasant, annoying or malicious kind on the phone.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
your best bet is to learn to root your phone and uninstall or freeze the app. maybe install a custom ROM. have you verified that it is a fake? there are some good apps to do that.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The software installed on your phone could be recording and transmitting every login and password you enter, every text and email you write or receive, and your location at each moment. It could turn on the camera or microphone to record or stream you at any time. It could send messages from you to any of your contacts, or to anyone else. It could receive, store, and transmit files with illegal content. I would advise against turning the phone on unless you're ok with all that.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Above msg should be taken very serious, I would turn the thing off and start charging passwords for EVERYTHING right now

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Also, report it to the police. If you were expecting a legitimate Note 8 and received a counterfeit, then that is fraud. Selling counterfeit phones is illegal.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Even if you try and flash a custom OS on to it you don't know that there isn't malware on chip.

Report it. Get refunded if you can but get a new phone and then.

Burn it. Burn it with fire.

Unless you need to return it to a courier for refund.
If this is the case I suggest you find a friend who works in chemistry, blag a chemical sample envelope, tongs and a lightweight hazmat suit. Someone should be present to photo the courier's face when you hand it to him in the tongs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith