Samsung Planning To Merge Galaxy S Line with Note Line...

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
This looks interesting and I guess it makes sense now that the S Line and Note Line are so close to each other.

Every Note until the 5 was a powerhouse and the top-tier for Samsung in terms of overall specs but once the 5 came out every Note after was pretty much the same as the S Line just with the S-Pen and it's specific functions included.

We'll see what happens...

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_is...alaxy_s_line_with_the_note_one-news-32332.php

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Makes sense. The S8+ and Note 8 are practically the same except for S-Pen. I can't even tell them apart at first glance without looking for the S-Pen silo... especially when they have cases. This is my first Samsung and my first Note and I think of them all part of the Galaxy line anyways.

But even if they consolidate the name, it sounds like there's still going to be 3 models and Samsung needs to do something against the competition.

They need to do something to streamline their business... S9 sales reportedly have been weaker than S8 sales which where weaker than S7 sales. And the competition is just slowly eating them up and not talking about Apple... LG sells x millions of phones, HTC sells a few million, OnePlus, and Huewei selling 10s of millions... the majority of those 10s of millions are sales lost by Samsung more than Apple.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
All that means is that since the S10+ is rumored to have a 6.4" screen close enough to the Note screen is that they eliminate the Note model and add the S-Pen to the S10+. And whether they have one or two more S models, they will be smaller than the +.

It's all just talk but it really does make sense for them... instead of two major flagship launches per year in March and August, they concentrate on one launch per year.

I think the headline is supposed to read S+ line not the entire S line. Big difference.

https://androidandme.com/2018/07/news/samsung-may-merge-galaxy-note-galaxy-s-plus-lines/

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't matter much - it's just a name. But basically puts the Note on the same cycle as the S series. They are similar enough at this stage that I don't see anything wrong with the idea.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I'd be okay with this if they keep the important aspects of the Note, like the S-Pen and the software that goes with it. Oh, and the bigger battery and more RAM.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Be a bit passed off if I dropped 1k on a Note9 and they released a much better version called Galaxy S Note already in Jan/Feb

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
It's just a name, and honestly it's become annoying to wait 6 months after the S launches with all the new tech just to get a pen. Sure the Note 8 added the 2nd camera too, but Note 9 seems to be an S9 with a pen and will quickly be replaced by the S10. At least this way when you get a new phone its not replaced by the next flagship 6 months later.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Probably going to be:
Galaxy S Mini
Galaxy S
Galaxy S Note
And all 3 models released at the same time
, leaves space for the foldable X project to stand alone a bit

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh great... just when they decide to streamline a little and bring the 2-3 phones together in one launch in March, they replace it with a foldable flagship in August lol.

Probably going to be:
Galaxy S Mini
Galaxy S
Galaxy S Note
And all 3 models released at the same time
, leaves space for the foldable X project to stand alone a bit

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Makes sense. The S8+ and Note 8 are practically the same except for S-Pen. I can't even tell them apart at first glance without looking for the S-Pen silo... especially when they have cases. This is my first Samsung and my first Note and I think of them all part of the Galaxy line anyways.

But even if they consolidate the name, it sounds like there's still going to be 3 models and Samsung needs to do something against the competition.

They need to do something to streamline their business... S9 sales reportedly have been weaker than S8 sales which where weaker than S7 sales. And the competition is just slowly eating them up and not talking about Apple... LG sells x millions of phones, HTC sells a few million, OnePlus, and Huewei selling 10s of millions... the majority of those 10s of millions are sales lost by Samsung more than Apple.

WRT S8+ and Note8
Last I checked the Note8 had:
- 2GB RAM more than the S8+ - made a HUGE difference
- Dual Camera with Dual OIS
- and SPen

However I do agree that the differences are diminishing, the S9+ is pretty much a Note8 without an SPen.

With technology reaching a sort of saturation point in Mobile, it is getting harder to differentiate devices. We are now at a point where the hardware is so far ahead of the software that it's not being fully utilised.

The Galaxy Note5 for example is still a pretty damn good phone 3years later, and with the correct software support could easily run the next couple of Android updates.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
People are getting tired of paying the high prices and they are keeping their devices longer. This will start to hurt sales and eventually you will see Samsung pull back for a time period so they don't get stuck with old inventory of devices.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I think releasing a premium s10 and a high end (like Snapdragon 700-series processor) phone in February or March would be a good idea, and then the S10+ (if it were to have the S-Pen) in August. Just my opinion though. Especially if there were 1 camera on the S10 lite (or whatever it may be called,) 2 on the S10, and 3 on the S10+. Bigger differentials might help in terms of screen size as well. All of this is just my opinion of course, just think it may be smart.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I think releasing a premium s10 and a high end (like Snapdragon 700-series processor) phone in February or March would be a good idea, and then the S10+ (if it were to have the S-Pen) in August. Just my opinion though. Especially if there were 1 camera on the S10 lite (or whatever it may be called,) 2 on the S10, and 3 on the S10+. Bigger differentials might help in terms of screen size as well. All of this is just my opinion of course, just think it may be smart.

That case they should leave the one in August called note10 instead of s10+ etc:)

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
As long as they keep the pen in one option I'll be happy as Larry, or any other leasure suited character of your choce.

I'll upgrade every 2-3 years, when the next big thing comes through. I'm thinking folding screens for my next upgrade, unless floating nanotech camera 20x effective optical composite photographs are a prior option which is unlikely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084