I've been having a strange issue with the phone app. Whenever I call anyone the screen goes black and I have no access to anything such as speakerphone button, keypad, or anything else. That whole screen is inaccessible and I get a black screen. The app crashes but it puts a green strip at the top to show the call is connected. This leaves me with no way to hang up the call or enter characters or turn on the speakerphone function. If i try to get that screen to open by tapping the green bar at the top the app just continues to crash over and over again but the call stays connected. It seems to do the same thing if anyone calls me and I answer as well. I have tried clearing the app cache and have installed the latest version of the app. Short of a factory reset can anyone think of a cause and solution to this?
    07-20-2018 02:23 PM
    I don't think the app is crashing at all - your proximity sensor is bad, so it thinks that your ear is near the earphone and turns off the screen (to prevent cheek-dialing). The solution is to have the sensor replaced.

And you can end the call - pressing the power button should end it.
    07-20-2018 04:00 PM
    This is normal Note 8 call behavior. When on speakerphone the screen goes black. You can revive the screen by pressing on the home button area or clicking the power button.
    07-20-2018 05:13 PM
    I don't think the app is crashing at all - your proximity sensor is bad, so it thinks that your ear is near the earphone and turns off the screen (to prevent cheek-dialing). The solution is to have the sensor replaced.

And you can end the call - pressing the power button should end it.
    No it actually does pop up and say Phone app has closed and crashes. Then it goes back to my home screen but with a green bar at the top showing the call is still connected. If I click the green bar to bring up the call that's when I get the black screen and the phone app keeps popping up that closed message over and over until I reboot the phone.
    07-23-2018 09:13 AM
    This is normal Note 8 call behavior. When on speakerphone the screen goes black. You can revive the screen by pressing on the home button area or clicking the power button.
    I was never able to enter speakerphone mode as the screen is black before so I cant see the screen with that option.
    07-23-2018 09:14 AM