If no galaxy Note 8 then what?

itsMohsinK

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I have been using Note 8 since 5-6 months now I wanna change my phone can anyone suggest good alternatives which one to go for:
- OnePlus 6 (I really like the overall feel of the phone but people say its camera is ****, vibrations alerts are same like OP 5T that is very bad)
- HTC U12 Plus (It looks so like Pixel 2)
- LG G6 ThinQ

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS. It may be considered a ridiculous price but your talking about one of the only phones this year with in-screen fingerprint sensor, already had 4000 mah battery, 256gb storage, Leica triple camera setup and the other little things like wireless and fast charging that most other phones have.

It's a phone that spec-wise the Note 9 (minus S-Pen of course) is just catching up on and even still behind without the in-glass FPS (that you probably won't even see until Galaxy Note (Note 10). That this is the type of phone you could probably keep a couple of years and maintain a wow factor than those spent close to that amount buying the 8 and upgrading Notes every year... for a battery and pen update?

Of course those that can afford the Porsche RS are probably the ones that can afford a Porsche 911 Turbo and will upgrade their Porsche Design phones yearly too lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Porsche-Desi...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6288536

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend any of the phones listed so far as a Note 8 replacement. All have significant drawbacks. As it's July right now, we're a month or so away from the Note 9 if you wanted to stay Samsung, otherwise the only other Android I can recommend in good faith is either a Pixel 2, 2 XL or wait a couple months for the Pixel 3 or 3 XL.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
How much do you use the S-Pen? If you do, stick with a Note (a good, thin pen, just a pen, no button, is about $30 and has a battery that has to be recharged and, eventually replaced).

So, as Mario said, if you don't want the Note 9, or don't want a Note at all, why not the Pixel 2, 2XL, 3 or 3XL? Great phones, no bloat - just no pens.

Blasted_1

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I'll stick to the note series, but I'll skip the Note 9 and wait for the Note X. :D

My Note 8 does everything I want it to and I like to write stuff down instead of type it, and I don't like having paper and pen on me.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
OnePlus camera software just updated , once you try Oxygen OS you'll be addicted to the customization , running Android P beta here

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
OnePlus camera software just updated , once you try Oxygen OS you'll be addicted to the customization , running Android P beta here

Yeah sadly it still won't ever be as good as a Pixel taking pictures even if it uses the Camera software.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I need dual sim and Pixel will never release a dual sim phone.
I don't see why you'd want to leave the Note 8, it's a great phone, the best if you ask me!
If you want to stay Samsung and don't need the S-Pen, the GS9 and GS9 plus are here, the GS10 is coming in a few months.
If you want the S-Pen, the Note 9 is just around the corner, well, you know what I mean.
I'd also recommend the Pixel, but since you need double SIM than I guess something else.
If you must get another phone, you need to choose one that has most of all those things you want on a phone, it'll be difficult to get everything you want from just one.
Ask yourself; are pictures and video important, S-Pen, brand, etc, etc, etc...

itsMohsinK

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't see why you'd want to leave the Note 8, it's a great phone, the best if you ask me!
If you want to stay Samsung and don't need the S-Pen, the GS9 and GS9 plus are here, the GS10 is coming in a few months.
If you want the S-Pen, the Note 9 is just around the corner, well, you know what I mean.
I'd also recommend the Pixel, but since you need double SIM than I guess something else.
If you must get another phone, you need to choose one that has most of all those things you want on a phone, it'll be difficult to get everything you want from just one.
Ask yourself; are pictures and video important, S-Pen, brand, etc, etc, etc...

I am so sick of Samsung mate first S8+ and now Note 8 I wanna try something else now!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
If all you want is to try a different phone than I guess you're a 'phoneaholic' like many of us here! ;)
Anyway, if you don't really care about pictures, get the OP6, although I don't know if it has double SIM.
I am so sick of Samsung mate first S8+ and now Note 8 I wanna try something else now!

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I have been using Note 8 since 5-6 months now I wanna change my phone can anyone suggest good alternatives which one to go for:
- OnePlus 6 (I really like the overall feel of the phone but people say its camera is ****, vibrations alerts are same like OP 5T that is very bad)
- HTC U12 Plus (It looks so like Pixel 2)
- LG G6 ThinQ

The LG Q7 looks like it has a lot to offer and with the various sales and promos going on I'd say you would get some good bang for the buck.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If all you want is to try a different phone than I guess you're a 'phoneaholic' like many of us here! ;)
Anyway, if you don't really care about pictures, get the OP6, although I don't know if it has double SIM.
I don't jump around anymore because Samsung just works for me with no sacrifices. Sometimes, what might look like a great deal on a phone for $400-500 actually isn't. The camera may be sub par, it may not be waterproof, the screen maybe 1080p or LCD. There almost always will be tradeoffs. Everyone has their priorities with what they need on a phone.
If a phone works, why go looking for a replacement? I can see if you don't want to pay the high prices anymore. With the customization you can do now, what else does a different phone bring to the table?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't jump around anymore because Samsung just works for me with no sacrifices. Sometimes, what might look like a great deal on a phone for $400-500 actually isn't. The camera may be sub par, it may not be waterproof, the screen maybe 1080p or LCD. There almost always will be tradeoffs. Everyone has their priorities with what they need on a phone.
If a phone works, why go looking for a replacement? I can see if you don't want to pay the high prices anymore. With the customization you can do now, what else does a different phone bring to the table?
I actually agree with you.
I've been changing phones once a year since the GS4, and didn't get the GS8, waited for the Note 8.
Like you, I also use Samsung phones and I'm okay with that. Apparently the op is tired of Samsung.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Can't see myself moving away from Notes but Huawei are making some serious contenders now and they are moving forward rapidly

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Wait for the Pixel 3 or Note 9. You'll kick yourself if you go with any of those devices you listed as it will seem more underwhelming than the N8.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks