AT&T August update

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Not sure but if someone wants to compare before upating...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180821-105225_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180821-105225_Settings.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 130

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Looking back at notes I see I installed the July 1 Security patch back in July 24th.

So this seems to be a ‘regular’ update? ??????

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a AT&T branded Note 8, purchased new from AT&T in January and my phone is still on June security update, and every time I check for updates it says your phone is up to date, no update available. I just realized this post is only a day old so that's probably the reason, the security update rollout is fairly recent. But it seems people have the July update already.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T August update

I have a AT&T branded Note 8, purchased new from AT&T in January and my phone is still on June security update, and every time I check for updates it says your phone is up to date, no update available. I just realized this post is only a day old so that's probably the reason, the security update rollout is fairly recent. But it seems people have the July update already.
Yeah you should've already been on July if on AT&T. Go to settings, apps, make sure you show system apps and scroll down and you'll see two software update apps, go into each one and do a force stop then clear cache and data in each app. When you check for update again it should pop up.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Not much info from AT&T site. But sounds like they fixed or improved something.
a66087058be2055ef61fcc26b0fa6326.jpg

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T August update

Yeah you should've already been on July if on AT&T. Go to settings, apps, make sure you show system apps and scroll down and you'll see two software update apps, go into each one and do a force stop then clear cache and data in each app. When you check for update again it should pop up.

Thank you for the information, I tried what you suggested, still says your software is up to date. Maybe it's a regional thing, but like you said I should at least be on July's security update. I'll try doing a wipe cache from recovery and see if that helps. Thanks again

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I give up, when I touch on check for updates it really doesn't do anything, within milliseconds of touching check for updates the screen says "current software is up to date" it's practically simultaneously at the same time I touch check for updates literally the phone does nothing. On my other phones it at least takes a few seconds to actually check for updates. I guess I'll run into an AT&T store that has a service center or try the Samsung desk at Best Buy, but I think the Samsung desk people are only there to sell phones

Last edited:

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I give up, when I touch on check for updates it really doesn't do anything, withing milliseconds of touching check for updates the screen says "current software is up to date" it's practically simultaneously at the same time I touch check for updates literally the phone does nothing. On my other phones it at least takes a few seconds to actually check for updates. I guess I'll run into an AT&T store that has a service center or try the Samsung desk at Best Buy, but I think the Samsung desk people are only there to sell phones

Yes, I think it will only check for updates every 24 hours even though it says it checked.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote...ly_yesterday_morning/?st=JL8VBNMW&sh=adb646b3

Did anyone else notice better battery life after the update?? I didn’t really think about it because not too much time passed since update but my battery has always been solid. I did note to friend that just got his Note 9 yesterday that my battery was pretty good today (96 percent when I woke and unplugged around 6am and was at 50% by the time left office around 5:30Pm moderate use).

iPhoneTHS

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I cannot find a single person at ATT, Samsung, Google or seemingly anywhere else that can provide a solid solution. What gives?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87