This past week my Galaxy Note 8 has updated the software about 4-5 times. Any steps I can take to fix this?
    09-07-2018 04:45 PM
    Were the updates successful or is it trying to install the same update every time?
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-09-2018 02:09 PM
    Were the updates successful or is it trying to install the same update every time?
    ...yeah, that seems really weird!
    09-10-2018 02:25 PM
    I agree, it seems odd.
    Is it the phone software or an app? Is it a Samsung app, which might be part of the phone, but not a phone software app.

If you get it again, sign up and post a photo, that can help. Plus provider (Verizon, etc. ), country, etc. Any other information you think might be helpful.
    09-11-2018 06:49 AM
    My wife and I both got Sprint updates in the past few days. I had another right before that, I thought it was Samsung.
    09-12-2018 04:14 PM
    I agree, it seems odd.
    Is it the phone software or an app? Is it a Samsung app, which might be part of the phone, but not a phone software app.

If you get it again, sign up and post a photo, that can help. Plus provider (Verizon, etc. ), country, etc. Any other information you think might be helpful.
    I am the original poster. Didn't have an account when I asked the question. I honestly forgot about this until my phone decided to do another update.

Provider is AT&T in the US.
    As far as I can tell it has been an Android software/system update. I haven't been able to find out much else about it. I'm just really confused and frustrated as to why it has updated so many times. I can't image a reason for there being multiple different updates within a matter of days.

I didn't think anything of it the first 2 times but after that I started getting feed up. And it's not like the system let's you just not update your phone, it eventually makes you.
    09-12-2018 09:16 PM