During a trip to see my family in the UK last month (I live in Argentina), I picked up a Note 8 as prices have come down since the 9 came out and I'm gobsmacked at the difference in performance and features compared to the S8.
    For me, the stand out feature is the camera without a doubt and playing with the background blur really makes a difference.
    That extra screen size, more battery life, the S Pen which I'm still playing with (but probably don't use nearly enough) and the extra RAM, make this an absolute powerhouse of a phone.
    To say I'm delighted would be an understatement.
    The only feature I'm disappointed at not having and was expecting maybe erroneously, is the surround photo feature. For the S8 I installed an apk for that, so will need to track one down again. Amazed that it's not a standard feature actually.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    09-14-2018 05:41 AM
    Enjoy your new phone! The Note8 is a great powerhouse of a phone!
    Rufinoman and Tsepz_GP like this.
    09-14-2018 07:00 AM
    During a trip to see my family in the UK last month (I live in Argentina), I picked up a Note 8 as prices have come down since the 9 came out and I'm gobsmacked at the difference in performance and features compared to the S8.
    For me, the stand out feature is the camera without a doubt and playing with the background blur really makes a difference.
    That extra screen size, more battery life, the S Pen which I'm still playing with (but probably don't use nearly enough) and the extra RAM, make this an absolute powerhouse of a phone.
    To say I'm delighted would be an understatement.
    The only feature I'm disappointed at not having and was expecting maybe erroneously, is the surround photo feature. For the S8 I installed an apk for that, so will need to track one down again. Amazed that it's not a standard feature actually.
    People wanted to believe there was notuch difference between S8 and Note8 to make themselves feel better about going with the S8/S8+.

I full agree:
    - RAM and RAM Management
    - Camera
    - Display
    - SPen

Make a big difference.

Enjoy your new beast!
    Rufinoman likes this.
    09-15-2018 08:22 AM