Wireless charging disappeared after a year of use

Dan93292

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday wireless charging on my factory unlocked N8 stopped working! I've checked the advanced settings and the option for wireless charging is not there. I've tried a soft reset as was suggested in a post, but no change. I'm using the same chargers (Samsung and others) and same case.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
The only option for wireless charging is in Settings -> Advanced -> Accessories and it only toggles "Fast wireless charging".

Have you tried taking the case off and trying just the naked phone?

Sleepwlkr45

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My At&t note 8 did that within the first 30 days and I had to have it replaced from Samsung, where I ordered it....the exchange was quick and under warranty though....

Dan93292

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
mystery solved! I recently picked up a Samsung led flip case. I found that if I restart the phone while in this case, wireless charging stops working. If I remove it from the case and restart, wireless charging works even if I put the phone back in the case. Sounds like Samsung inadvertently designed an incompatible case!
Thanks to all who responded.

Dan93292

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I spoke too soon! The phone will give a delayed charging notification after a sitting on the charger. However, it doesn't charge. Is this the "there's a new Note, so buy it, obsolescence plan"?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995