I have had the Note 8 since it first came out. I love the Note 8, but it is too heavy and large to make me truly content with it forever. I like the S Pen, but honestly don't use it much. I really do like everything about Samsung so far. I don't watch videos routinely (maybe on an airplane occasionally), I do read Kindle books while having a coffee out or in a doctor's office, I love to take pictures with my phone, I do read email, but generally don't answer it on the phone, I search products when shopping. That is about it. I like Gif's to play around with. I am very tired of having a phone that weights down my pockets and doesn't fit in most pockets. It is the height in particular that is overwhelming. Who can recommend something appropriate please? I keep my phones for a long time generally. A good camera is a must! Thanks in advance.
    10-10-2018 08:36 PM
    You just need bigger pockets.
    kitmo likes this.
    10-10-2018 09:18 PM
    You just need bigger pockets.
    Yeah but--I put my Note 8 in a breast pocket on my dog walking vest and I feel like I am listing to the left with the weight of it. lol
    10-10-2018 09:36 PM
    If you still want a flagship the S9 is the only phone smaller.
    kitmo and JHStewart1023 like this.
    10-10-2018 10:35 PM
    If you still want a flagship the S9 is the only phone smaller.
    I just read about the S9 and looked at the size. It sounds like a great phone, but I think it is still too big to make me happy. Thanks for suggesting it though.
    10-10-2018 11:07 PM
    maybe wait a couple of months and see the different S10 models coming out
    10-11-2018 02:08 AM
    I can't imagine the "small" S10 will be any smaller than the current S9. Samsung has sailed away from smaller phones and don't think their going back.

OP limiting yourself to Samsung then IMO your out of luck if the S9 is still too big for you. Even delving into other manufacturers like OnePlus or HTC, most "small" phones are at S9 dimension now with the 2:1 ratio craze.

The only small top spec Android I would recommend now is the Pixel 3 that just came out. That will probably be the best small Android phone this year. Get a Pixel 2 at same size, last year specs (with one of the top cameras still) at cheaper price now that the 3 is released.

Otherwise my next suggestion would be the iPhone 8 for best small phone and will be a workhorse and with updates run strong and be supported probably until iOS 16.

maybe wait a couple of months and see the different S10 models coming out
    10-11-2018 06:57 AM
    Thanks donm527 and j_hansen. I did consider the Pixel when I was buying the Note 8. I used to own an iphone years ago, and shockingly I do prefer Android. lol My husband has iphone 6s Plus and for my brain, the Android system is much more intuitive. My husband can't grasp that my way of processing is very different than his lol. I used to love my Blackberry as it was so intuitive for my way of processing information. \
    10-11-2018 02:13 PM
    Maybe get a BlackBerry Key2?
    kitmo and Tsepz_GP like this.
    10-12-2018 03:35 PM
    You really can't go wrong with the S9. I'd have one, but I'm still rocking my S8.
    10-12-2018 03:42 PM
    You really can't go wrong with the S9. I'd have one, but I'm still rocking my S8.
    I was in Costco today and held the S9 and really really liked the size in comparison. Maybe I find someone who wants to trade lol.
    gendo667 likes this.
    10-12-2018 06:05 PM
    Thanks donm527 and j_hansen. I did consider the Pixel when I was buying the Note 8. I used to own an iphone years ago, and shockingly I do prefer Android. lol My husband has iphone 6s Plus and for my brain, the Android system is much more intuitive. My husband can't grasp that my way of processing is very different than his lol. I used to love my Blackberry as it was so intuitive for my way of processing information. \
    The below may just be your best bet, the Key2 is a decently sized device and is a mix of old school BlackBerry and new school Android all in one device.
    Maybe get a BlackBerry Key2?
    kitmo likes this.
    10-12-2018 06:14 PM
    I just read about the S9 and looked at the size. It sounds like a great phone, but I think it is still too big to make me happy. Thanks for suggesting it though.
    Are you sure you're not confusing the S9, with the S9 Plus? The S9 is a small phone.
    10-13-2018 06:12 AM
    Are you sure you're not confusing the S9, with the S9 Plus? The S9 is a small phone.
    You're right. I did hold the S9 at Costco yesterday and it is a good size for me. I want to hold the Key2 next.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    10-13-2018 08:05 AM
    Not a Samsung but if size and weight are a concern you should also check out the V30. Very nice phone.
    kitmo likes this.
    10-13-2018 08:35 AM
    I have had the Note 8 since it first came out. I love the Note 8, but it is too heavy and large to make me truly content with it forever. I like the S Pen, but honestly don't use it much. I really do like everything about Samsung so far. I don't watch videos routinely (maybe on an airplane occasionally), I do read Kindle books while having a coffee out or in a doctor's office, I love to take pictures with my phone, I do read email, but generally don't answer it on the phone, I search products when shopping. That is about it. I like Gif's to play around with. I am very tired of having a phone that weights down my pockets and doesn't fit in most pockets. It is the height in particular that is overwhelming. Who can recommend something appropriate please? I keep my phones for a long time generally. A good camera is a must! Thanks in advance.
    LG G6 was a fantastic phone. I have aNote 8 right now but I miss it. Even though my mic wasn't working right and the vibration motor stopped working, I still loved it. I would trade my Note 8 for it now but I just picked this up a couple months ago so I can't upgrade right now.
    10-13-2018 01:54 PM
    LG G6 was a fantastic phone. I have aNote 8 right now but I miss it. Even though my mic wasn't working right and the vibration motor stopped working, I still loved it. I would trade my Note 8 for it now but I just picked this up a couple months ago so I can't upgrade right now.
    What aspects are you missing? Just curious as I found it so hard to leave Blackberry as everything was laid out in such a way that it was easy for me to learn all the aspects of the phone. I had iphone 5 and just hated it as nothing made sense to me in the sense of how to access things. Android is more suited to my brain lol. I have a friend of a friend who loves LG too.
    10-13-2018 04:00 PM
    You're right. I did hold the S9 at Costco yesterday and it is a good size for me. I want to hold the Key2 next.
    Only problem with the S9 is the paltry 4GB RAM it comes with. You will not be able to Multitasking as heavily as you would on a Note8. The Key2 at least also has 6GB RAM like the Note8.
    kitmo likes this.
    10-14-2018 07:30 AM
    Take a look at the Sony ZX3C (compact). I picked on up for when I want a smaller alternative to the Note 8, and it works really well.
    10-24-2018 11:29 AM
    If it has to be a Samsung, the S9 is the latest small flagship and is capable. If you can hold off, wait to see what the S10 has to offer. It's right around the corner.
    kitmo likes this.
    10-30-2018 10:07 AM
    If it has to be a Samsung, the S9 is the latest small flagship and is capable. If you can hold off, wait to see what the S10 has to offer. It's right around the corner.
    Good idea. Thanks.
    EMGSM likes this.
    10-30-2018 02:04 PM
    Good idea. Thanks.
    Just trying to help. Good luck.
    kitmo likes this.
    10-30-2018 02:08 PM
    I have never understood the "truism" that. iOS was easier or more intuitive than Android. One button is not easier. Lack of a back button is not intuitive, etc.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    11-03-2018 10:44 AM
    OP what about the Galaxy S7? It's a really good device and my take away on your "needs" it would suit your usage and your shirt pocket. If you already own one you're in luck! You can always hot spot your Note8 to the GS7 if it's required.
    kitmo likes this.
    11-04-2018 12:15 PM