LuvrGirl

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
AT&T Note 8 - purchased directly from AT&T
Stock - no changes/modifications
Baseband Version: N950USQU4CRD7
Build number: R16NW.N950USQU4CRD7
Android Security Patch: April 1, 2018

Looking at AT&T's updated history logs, my Note 8 seems to be stuck with the last update being the May 15, 2018 update. I just realized this as I've been seeing people talk about updates received and some emoji feature - which I don't have. I keep checking my device daily and it continuously says my current software is up to date - no updates available. I tried using Samsung Switch on the computer and it also says my device is current.

Thought about doing a Format/Hard Reset and starting fresh... but would that help my situation to receive the latest update(s)? Not sure it would help at all or what to do in this case.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I would do a full erase/reset. You wipe it clean and get through the initial setup, add your wifi and from there check for updates. If after a day still no updates then you basically did all you can do before going to your carrier.

Most likely a carrier issue then... Maybe the phone is not in their systems correctly

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue and was told by AT&T to take it to an AT&T rep at a Best Buy and have them flash the latest updated software. They said it should be good to go after that. I haven't done it yet, but will when I get the chance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring it to an AT&T store and ask where the nearest Device Support Center is. Bring it there and ask them to please update your phone, since it doesn't seem to be updating by itself. They will. (Bring a book to read - they can be busy.)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If they reflash your phone it will be wiped clean anyways... So you might as well do a factory reset yourself beforehand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol