My note 8 works perfectly fine asides from when it's charging. Once I connect the cable, the screen dims (as it usually does) and begins to glitch with use. When I hold it upright or turn it left and right, the screen brightness is uneven in some parts. It glitches like an old TV struggling to get the signal.
    10-24-2018 09:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does that happen with any charging cable, or only a certain one? I'd suspect a problem with either the cable or the port. Is the phone still under warranty?
    10-25-2018 08:03 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does that happen with any charging cable, or only a certain one? I'd suspect a problem with either the cable or the port. Is the phone still under warranty?
    It happens with the fast charger the phone came with. It's the only one I use. And it is. Do you think I should take it in?
    10-25-2018 10:22 AM
    As long as it's under warranty, it's probably worth contacting Samsung about this.
    10-25-2018 10:25 AM
    I'd recommend trying another USB cable first. They do go bad fairly often and I have seen them cause screen issues because of it. If nothing else, they are cheap and it's good to have a spare anyway. I'd hate to see you go through the hassle of warranty claims if that's all it is.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-25-2018 10:31 AM
    I'd recommend trying another USB cable first. They do go bad fairly often and I have seen them cause screen issues because of it. If nothing else, they are cheap and it's good to have a spare anyway. I'd hate to see you go through the hassle of warranty claims if that's all it is.
    If nothing else, this could help with diagnosing the issue. And if it is the cable, then you aren't without your phone for a few weeks.
    10-28-2018 05:45 AM