Contemplating a special offer; How is your Note8 ?

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I was just perusing our business plan for upgrades and the Note8 showed up as a free upgrade, I immediately put it in my cart but then thought I'd quickly check the community. I know I could do a little research but didn't want to miss out in case it's one of those one hour deals that come along every once in a while on our plan. So I'm just wondering if there's any downside to picking one up today, sounds like they're holding up pretty well?
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

egood71

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Had mine sine it came out and no issues with it what so ever! Been with the Note series since 4 and the 8 is just great! Really loved my 5 though but the 8 is just as good! Just my 2 cents.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
No issues with mine. Easily the best phone I've ever had. It's still smooth and fast as the day I got it. I love how it has never lagged on me no matter what apps I run.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I've had my note8 since launch. No complaints at all. Since I've gotten my note9 at launch my note8 is my backup phone. I still use it from time to time tho. I think you will really like it. Of course I like my note9 better and if price is an issue and since you said you can get the note8 for free then the note8 is an excellent choice.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I wish I could justify the note9 because I'd prefer the larger battery, but I think I'm good with everything else

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
the only real issue on my end has been the battery size, under heavy use it drains fast, light or normal usage easily get a day usage. I'm at 48% right now and it's been on for 15 hours. But my last job I would charge it at 1pm.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Get it... I decided instead of the note 9 and glad I did. Coming from a Note 5, which still is a great phone, though looking to future proof until Note 10 or... good luck!

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Wow, got the Note8 and been setting it up, this is one really really nice phone! Love it so far . . I know there's quite a few folks on AC forums that rag on Samsung alot, but consider me impressed so far . . . Yes, there is a ton of crap on here, but I guess I'll just uninstall and disable what I can and ignore the rest as much as possible.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I wish I could justify the note9 because I'd prefer the larger battery, but I think I'm good with everything else
I was using my Note 8 until I got a Note 9. I was very happy with the Note 8 and I still have it. I just quit using it daily because once I got the Note 9, no other phone could compare to the amazing battery life that I get on the Note 9. Suddenly the Note 8s battery annoyed me.

It's still a great phone and I'll hang onto it as a spare. I broke the display on it in August and got it repaired.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The Note 8 has been a great phone since its release fourteen months ago. Granted the Note 9 has a larger battery and this is a plus. I've been averaging six hours SOT with very heavy use... and no social media like FB, etc. People jumped from the 8 to 9 just for the battery and for them that's ok. However, with very fast charging, when my 8 gets down to 40 to 50 percent, I recharge this very quickly, in the office, home or car and it's back up to full charge. The 8 is a really tremendous phone!

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting OK battery with my preowned 8! Factory reset and finally all set up; seems to be golden. Using it 3hr OST and lasts 8 hrs until 30% when I charge it. Yay!

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Mine has been fantastic, beautiful build, up to 6 hours of screen time, and awesome camera. What more can I ask for?

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
My battery life isn't great.

I'd have to agree with you so far . . I know it takes time to settle in so we'll see, but first few days have definitely not made it to bedtime . . Although one tends to use a phone a lot more when setting up and customizing and poking around with a new phone.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Note 8 for a year and still love it, really could not justify getting the Note 9 , runs just like it's new , for free ? yeah, can't be beat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy