will Tmobile replace phone with screen burn in?

KingTongue

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
My phone have burn in and half of the screen as a pink hue or colors cast to it. I can constantly see a ghost of my keyboard. Would Tmobile replace this or should I just find a 3rd party repair shop?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring the phone to a TMO company store and ask. (They'll probably say no, because most cases of burn-in are user error - you keep the screen brightness up too high and keep the screen on a single picture too long. (The screen time-out should normally be set to about 30 seconds - if you set it to 30 minutes (and keep the brightness up), the screen is almost definitely going to burn in. [All screens eventually burn in, the only question is how long it's going to take - it it takes 5 years the way you run the phone, it doesn't matter. The same with your TV, it just takes longer, and the picture is almost never just a still picture.])

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are within the warranty period and have not modified/damaged the phone, then I would expect them to warranty it and I would attempt to do so in your case. While it helps to prevent burn in by keeping brightness down and all that, fact of the matter is those are not conditions of maintaining your warranty. If it were, you wouldn't be able to set the brightness or time out long enough to do damage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel