S-pen does not work on part of screen (no magnets involved!)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So my Samsung Note 8 pen won't work on a thin strip on the center of my screen. I have used notes to test it and in that small strip, the markings are made on the nearest pixel to the left of the place I am writing, creating a particularly thick line there. If that doesn't make sense, hopefully I will be able to upload a photo and make this easier to understand. To the right of that space, the S-pen only works if I tilt the pen at a specific angle (and sporadically at that). It's very of
weird. The left side of my screen is perfect, which is odd to me. I do not use a screen protector and my case is magnet-less. I am wondering whether I should buy a new S-pen or if the problem is with the screen. Any and all advice would be amazing!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem is with the screen (maybe*), and not the digitizer part (the part that your finger runs on). There's an extra layer in the screen that the pen communicates with, and that layer is dead down the center.

*It could be the screen, it could be the cable or it could be the motherboard. The phone really has to go into a repair shop for diagnosis. If you're in the US, see if there's a UBreakIFix near you - they do Samsung USA's repairs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo