Note 8 S-pen won't work on part of screen (no magnets involved)

beth01

Nov 23, 2018
Visit site
So my Samsung Note 8 pen won't work on a thin strip on the center of my screen. I have used notes to test it and in that small strip, the markings are made on the nearest pixel to the left of the place I am writing, creating a particularly thick line there. If that doesn't make sense, hopefully I will be able to upload a photo and make this easier to understand. To the right of that space, the S-pen only works if I tilt the pen at a specific angle (and sporadically at that). It's very weird. The left side of my screen is perfect, which is odd to me. I do not use a screen protector and my case is magnet-less. Besides, I've taken off the case to test it, too. I am wondering whether I should buy a new S-pen or if the problem is with the screen. Any and all advice would be amazing :)

Screenshot_20181123-170332_Samsung Notes.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This, if not caused by magnetic interference, is definitely a damaged panel. The spen is just a passive transmitter, and it's the hardware under the screen that senses the pen relayed signal. If the pen was the problem, you'd see the issue on the entire screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon