Screen uniformity should I have the screen replaced?

Rolexsub

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
Hello guys can you take a look at these pics of my phone screen this is with grey backgrounds or any light colour backgrounds there is a white line running though .I've had this handset 6 months it was a brand new replacement .I've only just noticed this issue a few days ago.when I was in the dark and the grey Samsung music player I noticed it.then looked at a dark grey screen and it was visable.now I know it's there I can even see it on the home screen if I'm in the right light.its this Screen defective?or are they all like this ?should I get the screen replaced under warranty?will the replacemt possibly be worse?thanks guys for taking the time to read this

uRKHnOZ.jpg

PzO9c9Y.jpg

JVbdkbx.jpg

Attachments

• 20181211_185246.jpg
    20181211_185246.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 44

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You could bring it to your carrier or brick and mortar store, if you bought it from them, and ask them to replace it. Or you could contact the seller if you didn't. But I wouldn't bet either way on getting a "yes" answer.

Rolexsub

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
Is this normal ?Is my screen supposed to have that line down the middle
I'm going to assume it's normal amd all note 8 have this .because I've made a thread on other forum aslo and nobody replied .So if I get the screen replaced under warranty the new screen will be the same as this

Rolexsub

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
So the main question is should i get the screen replaced onece again?Hmm I've just posted a grey image for you to test but my posts are not showing up
Something about moderation or some type of glitch .mods please fix so the image shows

Would you guys say this screen issue warranty a replacement screen please use test image I posted mods please fix

Last edited:

Rolexsub

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
luK322N.jpg

Try this please in a pitch dark room check all brightness levels thank you my friend this is 5 percent grey

Last edited:

Rolexsub

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
5 percent grey and 10 percent grey images show the banding and poor grey uniformity.the image I posted is a 5 percent grey image.here is a 10 percent grey also to test.goin a dark room brightness up high and see if you have any banding.

SUgi9t5.jpg

Flamey

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Just tested my screen with both images you posted as you asked as I have no lines whatsoever on my screen at any brightness. I've had my note 8 since release. Hope this helps :)

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Is this normal ?Is my screen supposed to have that line down the middle
I'm going to assume it's normal amd all note 8 have this .because I've made a thread on other forum aslo and nobody replied .So if I get the screen replaced under warranty the new screen will be the same as this

I have the same on my screen. Sometimes more prominent than other times. I just live with it.