Screen of note 8 draining battery too fast.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I bought this note 8 last year and now it has Oreo update. The screen has started using 80% of the battery life. Although since beginning mu setting are one power saving medium mode. I dont use edge light and always display on. Last night when i slept and mobile was not in use, in 5 hours battery itself dropped 10%. I have plain black wallpaper and there isn't any animation. Already did cache partition stuff too. Still the problem is there

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
i held back not upgrading to oreo since it first rollout may/june 2018 because many have reported poor battery performance.

i finally bite the bullet and upgraded this week now that android 9 has been out for a while now. i have noticed battery definitely drains faster than before but not as bad as yours.

i am hoping the next major firmware release (android 9) would correct this issue whenever that may be. but then again, i would have gotten a new phone by then..most likely the oneplus 7.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
can you screenshot your actual battery life? how long is your battery lasting? When did you get Oreo and did the problems start right away?
Try going into settings, device maintenance and hitting fix now then booting into recovery and clearing the cache.

what you are experiencing on not usual.

Ahmed Mustafa2

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
can you screenshot your actual battery life? how long is your battery lasting? When did you get Oreo and did the problems start right away?
Try going into settings, device maintenance and hitting fix now then booting into recovery and clearing the cache.

what you are experiencing on not usual.

I don't exactly remember when did the problem start but this week the screen usage jumped from 60 to 80%. Plz help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190104-123323_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190104-123323_Settings.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 23

Ahmed Mustafa2

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site

It lasts for maximum 4 hours. I am not enjoying any features on note8. Almost everything is disabled. Always on display, edge light, wallpapers, high resolution etc. However, my mobile usage is too much and I do have whatsapp parallel app too

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
My screen uses a low percentage of 12 to 15 percent and the battery's SOT is still between 5 to 6 hours, after sixteen months of use. I have upgraded to the latest Verizon and system updates. No complaints here and I do not run FB, or any popular social media apps nor do I check these types of accounts every five minutes. I'm a very heavy business user who finds the Note 8 to be an excellent phone. I run high speed four channel wifi most of the time coupled with VZ's excellent reception. OP... check your apps and bandwidth speeds... these could be draining your battery.

Ahmed Mustafa2

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I have turned off all notifications and syns. None of the app is draining the battery. It continuously says screen is using. And now it's using 82%.
I have a doubt, I use blue light filter. Can that be a cause?

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I had four Note 5's... the first three were defective, screen usage was 35 to 50+%. Battery SOT was terrible. Finally, Verizon sent me a loaner Note 5... I overnighted the bad Note 5 to Samsung... they installed factory fresh, new battery... did a full review of the phone, and overnighted it back. THE BAD BATTERY was the problem. Maybe that's what you have. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995