Note 8 Repeated Looping and Restarting

sickle79

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks,I tried all those including checking to see if it was the battery,not using smart switch to use on note 8 from s8,not the power button,soft reset,safe mode,and last but not least,hard reset.when I did the reset,is what really confused cause it started acting crazy,restarting continuously restarting like never before n it just stopped n haven't did it since,smh.im out of options,I'm starting to feel like it's my worst fear which,its a firmware issue which I'm on my own cause bought phone outright.i really love my note 8 n dnt want to give up on it but when it does the restarting n relooping,it could take me up to an hour repowering n repowering before it stops.Some bi-polar type ****.ive never experienced anything close to this n all my life of being a galaxy owner,of all the galaxies but 1,n 4.smh! Why couldn't it be one of those simple solutions mentioned.i haven't put my sd card back in since.i initially thought it was an apps issue cause I had just installed some before it happened first time,n I uninstalled most of them with only like five 3 party apps stilled installed.my phone hadn't messed up after uninstalled apps,so I decided that maybe it was safe to add more that I needed,with one that I didn't n was new,as soon as I opened new app,it cut off.i was so bombed.thats when I said f it,I'll reset it,it a red worse,n that was friday,after reset n acting retarded for five mins,I haven't issues since.Between men,cars,n now phones,I cant figure this **** out!IT'S TAKEN EVERY FIBER N MY BEING TO NOT SMASH THIS PHONE.i really want my note 8,but I'm thinking about getting a refund but I'm afraid of getting another one with same issue.idkwtd! I'm so sick of YouTube,I literally gets a headache.

sickle79

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I cant believe after all this time,Samsung hasn't came up with a for sure fix,with out all the trouble shooting this is just wrong on so many levels.these phones are costing as much as a car n you still have to deal with b.s like this.people need they phones in working order.i guess I'll try the 9plus

sickle79

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought it off ebay n I have to Tuesday to ship it back.it hasn't recouped since friday after reset.how do u know it it's a hardware issue.im not tech savvy at all n I have no clue what Odin is or how to install.yrying a new sim card,never heard of that one,hmmmm.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Bootloops can be due to firmware corruption (i.e., the system software gets messed up) or hardware failure (which could be the battery or the motherboard). You can sometimes rescue a phone with corrupt firmware by reinstalling a copy of the firmware using a program called Odin. But I wouldn't recommend it for novices, and since you only have a few days left to return the phone, I'd just go with that option.

It's not a SIM card issue -- the SIM card is needed for the phone to connect with the carrier's network, but doesn't have any effect on how the phone boots up.

sickle79

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So other than odin,there is no fix for this? What u mean by novices.i don't know anything about how to install firmware,not one clue about it.the seller sold me this knowing it had this issue n they only gonna resell it to someone else n I hate that.dont know what a motherboard is n it does it whether its charging or not.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of any other fix. A novice is a beginner -- in other words, I'd only recommend trying to reinstall the firmware if you have more experience, which you don't. The motherboard is the main computer board inside the phone. It's nice of you to be concerned for the next consumer down the line, but if you want to get your money back, your only option is to return it. eBay protects the buyer pretty well, so if you have concerns about the seller, you can report them to eBay: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...working-sellers/report-seller-listing?id=4022

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest downloading latest firmware and flash via Odin, it's easy enough and there is plenty step by step instructions out there, if nervous about it then get somebody more tech savy to help you out, like said it really is easy enough but take your time and read the manual carefully and also make sure to download correct firmware for your model

sickle79

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Dang,I wish I could ship it to you,I may not get it back,Lol.no offense.i wish someone could help me cause I really like the phone.