Anyone paired their Note with a Samsung Gear Sport and share opinion? On sale $159 now

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
I have the Gear Fit 2 and it is fine. Battery life is about 2 days on mine. Would I buy Gear product again? I need water resistant or water proof and I find the battery life not as long as I would like. So I would scout out other brands for me.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The Gear Sport is advertised for swimming use so should be quite water resistant but I understand what you're saying.

Actually last holiday I got a Garmin Forerunner 235 at BB when they went on sale to replace my previous Forerunner that wasn't holding a charge well anymore so I don't think I'll be using this watch for sports really. I heard the GPS wasn't as accurate or the heart rate sensor as more focused sport watches but may come in handy if I'm traveling and didn't bring my usual gear. 4GB of music storage and offline Spotify on the Gear sounds pretty cool though since I didn't get the music version of Garmin.

I am looking at this as more of a daily watch and your 2 day battery comment helps. I don't really want to deal with a watch that can't make it one day and keep watching the battery % mid day lol.

I have the Gear Fit 2 and it is fine. Battery life is about 2 days on mine. Would I buy Gear product again? I need water resistant or water proof and I find the battery life not as long as I would like. So I would scout out other brands for me.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just wanting to hear peoples impressions on it that's all. At $159, for me it's at the right price to experiment with a smartwatch and something to play with.

I say play because I think I'll be entertained with the graphics on that sharp looking OLED with watchfaces and some daily info maybe. But I do wonder if I will really be wanting to read my messages or news, etc on a tiny screen all day. Or if there is much 3rd party app support at all like Apple.

My wife got a last gen Apple watch for her X so just got me curious. I wish it supported Google assistant. I use that a lot so may have come in handy using that by watch.

I was able to get me one at $159. But I haven't opened it yet.

I have a Gear Sport paired with my Note 8. It works great. What kind of info are you wanting?

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the sport with my Note 8 and use it everyday. I don't know how long it would last since I don't shower with it and charge it while in the shower so I have yet to run out of battery. I use it in the gym and its great for getting all the fitness parts needed and nice to have at work since my phone is always on silent and in my pocket I can see who is sending a text or calling and don't have to worry about missing something important.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I used the Gear S3 with my Note 8 and now my son uses the Sport with it. He loves it. The sport is a great watch. I definitely recommend it at that price if you are in the market for one.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the sport with my Note 8 and use it everyday. I don't know how long it would last since I don't shower with it and charge it while in the shower so I have yet to run out of battery. I use it in the gym and its great for getting all the fitness parts needed and nice to have at work since my phone is always on silent and in my pocket I can see who is sending a text or calling and don't have to worry about missing something important.
I've gone about two days on a charge. However, I could probably extend that if I used a different watch face.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21