Note 8 Randomly shuts down outside home

GaryRad

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
Ok, so after a couple years of no issues on the train from Madrid to Zurich this past summer (2018) the phone shut off (90% charge) and would not restart past the main screen (or earlier) when it would just shut again off by itself. I tried Safe Mode (shut off by itself, same thing), clearing cache, and finally did a complete reset. It actually ran for a few minutes with a fresh reset but then shut down again. Did another reset and the phone worked well until this week. Again, was fine at home on my wi-fi but went to the park, shut down and wouldn't restart. Got home, it restarted and ran fine for days until today. Went to the beach and as soon as I went to look at something it died and would not restart. Came home, it restarted and seems normal again. It's not heat related, phone was in my pack in a sleeve next to my ice pack and was cool. As i'm typing this i'm thinking it may be wi-fi related as I did have wi-fi enabled in a no wi-fi area so I'm sure it was searching, but I would have to test that theory out next park visit. Is there something i'm missing? I've never had this issue with this (or any other) phone and it's quite a PITA..

Thanks!

sickle79

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I had that issue with mine too,but like myself after trying everything,I found on internet,esp youtube.nothing fixed the issue.posted same thing on this same thread.i was told it's more like a firmware issue and if you're tech savvy,unlock myself,you can redo your firmware with Odin and that should fix the issue,but if not,taking it to an expert to take a look at it,but for me,to not get anymore disappointment,or after taking it to a professional,I being told its fixed,n i paid $100 or two,only to find out it's not fixed actually,so I liked phone so n Needed a phone,I just got another with no one,and have no issues.i still have the one repeatedly reboots or reloops,hoping I'd find someone that knows what they doing and can fix it so it could just be a back up phone.unfortunately,I dont have anymore advice for you,other than you are not alone with phone constantly powering off for no reason,which is very annoying cause u have no clue if its gonna shut off today or if u do,u have no idea when or what u could be doing when it happens.If u happen to come upon any other info or a fix for it,please pass the knowledge along n I'll do the same.This is so ridiculous these expensive *** phones,does **** like this,n unlike recalls on a car,u cant take it to a shop to get it fixed for free,esp since they costing as much as car only to more expensive each year.My bad for the looonnnggg message,Lol.Hope u find the help u looking for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane