Messenger Lite Stopped Notification Sound

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I give up. Been using Messenger Lite for a long time. Recently it stopped making the notification sound when I get a new message--I only get the vibration now.

As far as I can tell, everything is set the way it should be in Notification and Sound settings, and in the app settings.

Have cleared cache partition, cleared cache in app, etc.

All other notifications work as normal.

I dunno?

djsvet

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I give up. Been using Messenger Lite for a long time. Recently it stopped making the notification sound when I get a new message--I only get the vibration now.

As far as I can tell, everything is set the way it should be in Notification and Sound settings, and in the app settings.

Have cleared cache partition, cleared cache in app, etc.

All other notifications work as normal.

I dunno?

I have same issue on Galaxys S10. App reinstalled fixes it for a day or two and then it stops again.
All settings checked dozens of times.
Anyone?

jasoncollege24

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
This isn't exclusive to Samsung phones. I have an Alcatel3v (2019), which has exactly the same problem with Messenger Lite. Visual notifications come up, and the notification dot is there, but never any sounds.

I've checked all in-app settings, and all of the phone settings, and everything is set correctly. I've cleared app cache for messenger lite, and facebook lite, and no dice. I've used this app for a long time, and in the last 2 months, it has become almost entirely useless.

I put this app on my phone, because full messenger, and facebook apps slow my phone down, and I don't like their features much. now I have to resort to using them instead.