In the past week or so...im not sure if that's when I got the Oreo update, most of my notifications are coming through to my phone hours late. If at all. ESPN, Letgo, slickdeals, twitter...etc. Most of my apps aren't pushing instantly. ANy idea why this is? Or how to fix this? Ive been looking but not finding anything. Thanks.
    04-02-2019 04:40 PM
    It sounds like some kind of power saving feature has been turned on, where your phone only connects to the internet at some set interval. Then when it makes it grab it gets all of the late notifications... Are you using a power saver app? Have you checked your native power saver settings? Usually it's app dependent but check your sync settings too... I can't remember if in Oreo there's an option to sync only over WiFi that covers more than individual apps...? It sounds like you're getting the right now stuff because you didn't mention SMS or email, just apps. You might also check app priority. I do remember being able to set app priority levels. Can not remember if that was for notifications or RAM but it's something to look at JIC.
    04-03-2019 04:07 AM
    It sounds like some kind of power saving feature has been turned on, where your phone only connects to the internet at some set interval. Then when it makes it grab it gets all of the late notifications... Are you using a power saver app? Have you checked your native power saver settings? Usually it's app dependent but check your sync settings too... I can't remember if in Oreo there's an option to sync only over WiFi that covers more than individual apps...? It sounds like you're getting the right now stuff because you didn't mention SMS or email, just apps. You might also check app priority. I do remember being able to set app priority levels. Can not remember if that was for notifications or RAM but it's something to look at JIC.
    I dont see any power saving settings I have, other than the normal power mode where it is set to optimized instead of high performance( i dont need full brightnes and WQHD). I just got Oreo, might you know where the app permisions are that sync over wifi only? Phone messages and calls are good...actually emails do come in late sometimes. Gmail app, not native.
    04-03-2019 03:59 PM
    I had it on my HTC but I can't find it on my Samsung. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.
    04-03-2019 05:58 PM