Best bloatware disabler

jjefff

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been using BK disabler on my tmobile note8 and really like it. I've read if i update to pie, BK won't work. I don't use Samsung apps except for phone dialer and camera, and currently have all the others disabled. I also have all the google apps blocked except for playstore, youtube, and messenger.

I finally have my phone setup the way i like it and they come out with this big update (pie and one ui). I have it blocked for now but am a bit concerned about not getting security updates.

Can anyone recommend a good package disabler that will work with pie on our phones?

Thanks!

dekatch

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
they are still just deactivated. you can manually deactivate apps via the app menu. i disabled only few, so don't know if you can disable all tho.

jjefff

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I understand they are just deactivated. I also have ALOT of the system packages disabled and want to keep those disabled.

dekatch

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
bk requires root right? would be a shame if that app weren't able if rooted anyway.

titanium backup can do this as well. but also requires root

dekatch

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
when i click your link it gives me this

[Screenshot attached]

Untitled.jpg

so it's a regional thing? or is it down for everyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
when i click your link it gives me this

[Screenshot attached]

so it's a regional thing? or is it down for everyone?
bf50566d8457f4f768186ebfdd262a86.jpg
Should look like this
7d7b83b085bc81968ea851f127d36a5c.jpg

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
You can download it from here, and then side load it. Looks like you'd need the paid "Pro" version for Samsung if you want to avoid rooting. But it does not say how much it costs.
https://dlandroid.com/bk-package-disabler-samsung-pro/

EDIT: I tried to install it, but it wants to take you to Google to pay for the app. But since the app is not on the play store, that does not work.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
For anyone still looking, Link2SD still freezes apps. (And, like BK Disabler, requires root access.) Just long-press the app, then choose Freeze.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Looks interesting and I'm not using a package disabler now. Does this app do anything more than if I just manually go in and disable apps or System apps?
It's basically app disable tool without having to root, I've been using it in my Samsung phones for long time , for couple dollars it's pretty solid app for what it does .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer