After update to pie on a Verizon note8 my lockscreen is disabled

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Pretty straight forward. After the upgrade my lock screen no longer works. All i have to do is swipe the beginning screen and my phone is unlocked. No pin, password, or pattern asked for, just right in.

Yes, I disabled and reenabled.

Yes, I tried reassigning to fingerprint. No it did not work.

No I am not using any special launchers for my phone.

I checked the settings to make sure that unlock at certain areas is disabled and that lock on power button is enabled. I also checked to make sure that it locks immediately.

Absolutely no joy. Took it Verizon and stumped the people there.

Third party apps that lock my phone scare me.

Anybody run into this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Pretty straight forward. After the upgrade my lock screen no longer works. All i have to do is swipe the beginning screen and my phone is unlocked. No pin, password, or pattern asked for, just right in.

Yes, I disabled and reenabled.

Yes, I tried reassigning to fingerprint. No it did not work.

No I am not using any special launchers for my phone.

I checked the settings to make sure that unlock at certain areas is disabled and that lock on power button is enabled. I also checked to make sure that it locks immediately.

Absolutely no joy. Took it Verizon and stumped the people there.

Third party apps that lock my phone scare me.

Anybody run into this?
Can you go to biometrics/Security>other security setting>device administrator ...tell me what you see there ? Or screenshot of it

WhiskeyTF

Apr 22, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I do not see a way to post pics. Also, i do not know how to boot to safe mode on an unrooted phone. I would rather not get that deep into the rabbit hole unless i have to.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Here's how to post a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. If you're using the main Android Central app, I think it may not let you attach an image in a reply for some reason, so try using the web interface instead.

Safe Mode is a very basic troubleshooting step, and won't cause any problems -- a simple reboot from Safe Mode will get you back into normal mode. The link in my previous post gives steps on how to boot into Safe Mode.

WhiskeyTF

Apr 22, 2019
Visit site
I have a smart watch but this issue predates that purchase. This issue happened near the time pie came out and my phone updated.

Also all my smart locks are off. My location is deleted.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a smart watch but this issue predates that purchase. This issue happened near the time pie came out and my phone updated.

Also all my smart locks are off. My location is deleted.
I'll move your thread to the Note 8 forum where it'll be easier getting help from other owners.

WhiskeyTF

Apr 22, 2019
Visit site
This morning i caught a glimpse of the words "unlocked by smartlock" on my phone.

Curious i went into smart lock and nothing was changed since i updated to pie. I went ahead and removed my watch and headphones. The headphones had been a trusted device months before the upgrade and the watch was post upgrade. Never had a lock issue until Pie.

Now the phone locks. So WTF? Is there a bug in Pie that would cause an already known and trusted device to keep the phone unlocked?

Literally the only thing that changed on my phone is the OS. I have not changed permissions since i got the 8.

Pappa

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
This morning i caught a glimpse of the words "unlocked by smartlock" on my phone.

Curious i went into smart lock and nothing was changed since i updated to pie. I went ahead and removed my watch and headphones. The headphones had been a trusted device months before the upgrade and the watch was post upgrade. Never had a lock issue until Pie.

Now the phone locks. So WTF? Is there a bug in Pie that would cause an already known and trusted device to keep the phone unlocked?

Literally the only thing that changed on my phone is the OS. I have not changed permissions since i got the 8.

Pappa
Who knows, maybe something got stuck after the update and unpairing the devices solved the problem. Pair them again, make sure you skip the smart lock option when setting up each one of them and see if it works this time.

WhiskeyTF

Apr 22, 2019
Visit site
They never unpaired. I synced my watch; no issue. I turned headphones on; no issue. Not even a popup to ask if it is a trusted device or to pair it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781