Samsung Pay on Pie (9) and Nova Launcher

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
You can no longer swipe up (reliably) for Samsung Pay on the Note 8 with Pie and the Nova Launcher. If you switch to the Samsung Experience launcher, it works fine.

As a work-around, I've assigned Samsung Pay to the Bixby single-press button function.

I wrote Nova and this is what they said:

-------------------------
"Hello,

It's actually a bug on Samsung's end. We can't control what happens when the app gets killed off by the Recent Apps screen. The only solution, and this needs to be reported directly to Samsung is, you can either reboot the device and launcher Samsung Pay and it will work, or you can go to Phone Settings -> Apps -> Samsung Pay -> Force Close and then launch Samsung Pay and it will show up again.

We've tried pulling the system APK's from the device and there's no way for us to access the app in any way. The APK on their end checks to make sure the Samsung stock launcher is set as the default or the is the active launcher, and if so, then Samsung Pay never gets killed. Unfortunately without access to change anything on our end, we can't do the same. That's a bug they need to fix because that bug isn't present on the same Samsung Pay app version on the S9/S9+.

I would recommend contacting them and creating some forum posts to get their attention. Feel free to use the information we have provided here."
-------------------------

RJEsak

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
I have the same problem but I'm running Action Launcher. Occasionally, the swipe up to pay drawer is there but 95% of the time, it is not. It definitely has to do with the Pie update because it was reliably there before that.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
until the update last week, I was only able to swipe up from the lock screen using smart launcher. this was on both my note 8 and 10+

all I got to say was bout time.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I was having a problem initiating Samsung Pay by swiping up while using Nova Launcher, but I added the Samsung Pay app to my home screen and so far it's working.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I was having a problem initiating Samsung Pay by swiping up while using Nova Launcher, but I added the Samsung Pay app to my home screen and so far it's working.

do you see it to swipe up? check your locked screen and see if it will work there.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I never had this problem with Microsoft Launcher on my Note 8. Have you checked to make sure Samsung Pay doesn't sleep when it screen locks?

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Has everyone experiencing a problem updated Samsung Pay to the latest version (3.7.65 as of this reply)? I haven't had any problems with the grey swipe up bar disappearing from the home screen in Nova since updating.

Screenshot_20191102-063120_Google Play Store.jpg