Help me with something please

Lorijk

Apr 29, 2019
Visit site
Ok so initially I thought I was just crazy but I'm now convinced I was hacked. My LG was fried. Took it back to Verizon and there was no way to prove it. Now my Note 8 has continuous apps being downloaded that I didn't download and if you look in the app store history it shows. I live alone!!! My fiance and I had some harassment from a internet based app ( you call the number and it tells you which one) so I emailed them and reported it. Next time I got a text I told them they were going to be arrested they said it would come back to me. So I'm assuming they used my info.
Also I'm on a family plan. Through Verizon. At any given time my texting will completely stop working. I can send just not receive.
I've deleted and deactivated all social media and changed passwords from a device they can't access. My Google account password was literally changed at the Verizon store on their computer. Should I be safe now? I also downloaded malware protection. Any other advise would be appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't click on links you're not certain of - on sites, in emails, in texts, anywhere. Don't go to questionable sites. Don't download questionable apps (that includes many apps in the Play store).

Something you can try:

Keep the phone totally off the internet for about a week (no wifi, no mobile data) and see if anything like that still happens. (Texts are texts - once someone gets your number, they can text you.) If the phone still does strange things, you have malware. Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and a good antivirus and let them keep running.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Galaxy Note forum (for the ancient original Note phone) to the Note8 forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc