I have a Samsung Note 8 sm-n950f that was updated a few weeks ago.

There are lots of things I hate about Pie but main thing is - I use OK Google A LOT, when my phone's off. Now it only works half the time whether or not the screen is off.

Any fixes for this? Or else I'm buying an iphone.
    05-01-2019 03:55 PM
    No issues with OK Google on mine. Works pretty much 100% whether using it locked or unlocked. No reason to buy an iPhone for a software issue unless you basically prefer an iPhone. You could end up with an update on an iPhone that also messes with Google until the next update.

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling Google. I know I just got a Google update yesterday but I am running Google Beta. The only time Google doesn't work for me (basically hangs until it is able to get a good connection to communicate with their servers) is if I am having signal issue because I find Google is pretty sensitive to bad connection it seems to need a good connection to contact their servers when using OK Google.

If you're on AT&T the April update is out today and can update and test. If you haven't erased your phone after the Pie update, you might consider it. I use to do it after a major OS update (even on iPhones) but I haven't since I got the phone going to Oreo and Pie because I've just been very fortunate it's been running smooth all this time.
    05-01-2019 09:22 PM
    I have a Samsung Note 8 sm-n950f that was updated a few weeks ago.

There are lots of things I hate about Pie but main thing is - I use OK Google A LOT, when my phone's off. Now it only works half the time whether or not the screen is off.

Any fixes for this? Or else I'm buying an iphone.
    Can follow these steps
    https://www.androidauthority.com/goo...orking-978861/
    05-01-2019 09:25 PM
    I noticed the same thing since the update. Not switching to an iphone, but it is annoying as fudge.
    05-04-2019 01:01 PM
    Same here ...i hate everything about PIE do fat
    05-06-2019 08:11 AM