I have recently upgraded my phone to pie, and I like it alot except a thing or two. but my biggest issue is that every time I restart my phone, all of my recent apps are closed. I work on my phone a lot and rely on all my app tabs to be open, but when I restart my phone, all my recent apps are cleared out and I have to start all over again. is there a way to stop this from happening? I never had this issue on any other versions before
    05-02-2019 04:55 PM
    I have recently upgraded my phone to pie, and I like it alot except a thing or two. but my biggest issue is that every time I restart my phone, all of my recent apps are closed. I work on my phone a lot and rely on all my app tabs to be open, but when I restart my phone, all my recent apps are cleared out and I have to start all over again. is there a way to stop this from happening? I never had this issue on any other versions before
    This is normal after restarting the phone , it's like a computer when you shut it off it restarts all the programs again.
    05-02-2019 10:16 PM
    I know its normal for PIE. But it wasnt normal on OREO or all other previous versions. I want to know if I can stop this from happening
    05-02-2019 11:05 PM
    I know its normal for PIE. But it wasnt normal on OREO or all other previous versions. I want to know if I can stop this from happening
    I dont see how after a restart that cuts power to run any application until rebooted can hold things in memory? This method is used to help clear minor glitches in system by clearing memory and restarting applications again.
    05-02-2019 11:35 PM
    Not normal for Pie... at least in my case. I rebooted my phone just to see and I have 10 apps running in background and after reboot... I still have my 10 apps showing in recent apps.

Attached Thumbnails All my recent apps tabs clear out when I restart my phone-screenshot_20190503-110501_samsung-experience-home.jpg  
    La Pinche Pao likes this.
    05-03-2019 10:05 AM
    I completely agree. I started a thread about this right after I got the Pie update. I got some suggestions there, but none of them worked for me; you might want to give them a try, though. And it's not just a restart: for me, the list of recent apps is consistently reduced to just 5 overnight. On Oreo, even restarting the phone (hold down power button, select Restart) retained the list of recent apps. I found it tremendously convenient, and the Pie/OneUI arrangement tremendously inconvenient. But they didn't ask you and me, La Pinche Pao; I'm afraid we're going to have to live with it.

I did get a suggestion for an app in the Samsung store called Good Lock, which supposedly addresses this and other issues.
    05-03-2019 10:09 AM
    Also I do have Auto Optimization turned on in Device care app. Even with about 10 apps it didn't close any at reboot so for me it's not that being too aggressive in closing apps. Maybe you have a Battery or other utility app installed that could be managing open apps?
    05-03-2019 10:09 AM
    @La Pinche Pao and @Dave-in-Decatur, what carrier are you using? It could be a carrier special... like a Verizon special that they put in. They like to put in their own tweaks. I forgot there was another thread recently about a different issue and it was a Verizon only "feature."
    05-03-2019 10:13 AM
    @La Pinche Pao and @Dave-in-Decatur, what carrier are you using? It could be a carrier special... like a Verizon special that they put in. They like to put in their own tweaks. I forgot there was another thread recently about a different issue and it was a Verizon only "feature."
    Yeah, that's definitely a possibility, if others aren't seeing this. I am on Verizon.
    05-03-2019 10:27 AM
    Im on Tmobile
    05-04-2019 12:12 AM
    Im on tmobile
    05-04-2019 12:13 AM
    I completely agree. I started a thread about this right after I got the Pie update. I got some suggestions there, but none of them worked for me; you might want to give them a try, though. And it's not just a restart: for me, the list of recent apps is consistently reduced to just 5 overnight. On Oreo, even restarting the phone (hold down power button, select Restart) retained the list of recent apps. I found it tremendously convenient, and the Pie/OneUI arrangement tremendously inconvenient. But they didn't ask you and me, La Pinche Pao; I'm afraid we're going to have to live with it.

I did get a suggestion for an app in the Samsung store called Good Lock, which supposedly addresses this and other issues.
    Ive tried Good Lock and it hasnt fixed the issue. Ive yet to try the auto optimization. I'll try it now & check after restart
    05-04-2019 12:19 AM
    Not normal for Pie... at least in my case. I rebooted my phone just to see and I have 10 apps running in background and after reboot... I still have my 10 apps showing in recent apps.
    If you go into them , they all refreshed like mine . It shows like it held the memory but didn't.
    05-04-2019 12:30 AM
    I'll try if I restart with apps again but I have no doubt that they will restart as you say. It's just that the OP said recent apps shows empty at the reboot which I know doesn't happen to mine.

The rarely reboot my phone but if I do I close all my background apps to get a clean reset nothing in the background.

It's interesting how you read of slight variances and you'd think would be the same but possibly carriers do put in their own tweaks... like if recent apps get closed at reboots, I red in reddit some people have an "Outdoor Mode" in their display settings that's different from the "Adaptive display" and stuff like that.

If you go into them , they all refreshed like mine . It shows like it held the memory but didn't.
    05-04-2019 08:12 AM

Replying to my own post.... I think now that my issue is a different one. I do find that when I restart, I get the list of recent apps that I had before the restart. My problem is the resetting of the list overnight.
    05-04-2019 09:09 AM
    Replying to my own post.... I think now that my issue is a different one. I do find that when I restart, I get the list of recent apps that I had before the restart. My problem is the resetting of the list overnight.
    And i dont have the problem you're having. I wake up & everything is there. My recent apps can be there for days, until I restart my phone, then I get a wipe. Ughhhh
    05-05-2019 07:53 AM
    And i dont have the problem you're having. I wake up & everything is there. My recent apps can be there for days, until I restart my phone, then I get a wipe. Ughhhh
    Dave-in-Decatur likes this.
    05-05-2019 07:54 AM