after i updated to android pie, or One UI rather. when i pull down the notification screen to turn on NFC. i see the NFC icon shows in the status bar.

however, once i get out of the notification screen, say in the home screen, the NFC icon does not show up even though it's ON.

i have read online people who have upgraded to One UI is having the same issue.

Does anyone have the same issue? if so, how to fix this?
    05-09-2019 08:41 PM
    after i updated to android pie, or One UI rather. when i pull down the notification screen to turn on NFC. i see the NFC icon shows in the status bar.

however, once i get out of the notification screen, say in the home screen, the NFC icon does not show up even though it's ON.

Possible it could be a bug , do you h.cave Good lock installed?
    05-09-2019 10:23 PM
    Possible it could be a bug , do you h.cave Good lock installed?
    i did not install Good Lock. after i read some of the threads online, some people mentioned installing Good Lock should fix it. then after installing Good Lock, i still have the same issue.

are you suggesting i should un-install Good Lock??
    05-09-2019 10:39 PM
    i did not install Good Lock. after i read some of the threads online, some people mentioned installing Good Lock should fix it. then after installing Good Lock, i still have the same issue.

are you suggesting i should un-install Good Lock??
    Yes try that , let me know
    05-09-2019 10:40 PM
    Use Good Lock and then install QuickStar and you can customize the indicators like NFC
    05-10-2019 12:19 PM
    @mustang7757 & @tube517

i installed QuickStar and turn on NFC in 'visibility of indicator icons'. i still do not see the NFC icon when i am on the homescreen.

that said, installing QuickStar did not fix the missing NFC icon.
    05-10-2019 09:18 PM

Just a heads up... I'm aware the icons (BT & NFC) are turned as well in the notification screen, though they won't show up until you use them as that's only when they show up for me. Also BT connections show the devices battery level now... very cool. Hope this helps! Good luck....
    05-11-2019 12:36 AM
    @mustang7757 & @tube517

i installed QuickStar and turn on NFC in 'visibility of indicator icons'. i still do not see the NFC icon when i am on the homescreen.

that said, installing QuickStar did not fix the missing NFC icon.
    Probably a bug then .
    05-11-2019 12:52 AM
    I never paid attention but I guess they don't show up unless you pull down the quick panel.
    05-11-2019 10:16 AM
    I'm not sure about the Note 8 but in other devices running Pie there's a setting to show the NFC icon on the status bar and it's OFF by default.
    NFC icon is not visible-screenshot_20190511-114344.jpg
    05-11-2019 10:48 AM
    I'm not sure about the Note 8 but in other devices running Pie there's a setting to show the NFC icon on the status bar and it's OFF by default.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190511-114344.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	303102
    how do you get into the 'connected devices' screen? i look and look but unable to find this screen setting on my note 8. not sure if it's even available on the note 8
    05-11-2019 12:54 PM
    how do you get into the 'connected devices' screen? i look and look but unable to find this screen setting on my note 8. not sure if it's even available on the note 8
    Not sure about that, I don't have a Note. Just in case you can use the searching feature in the settings and see what you get after typing 'NFC' or even 'NFC icon'. Maybe Samsung didn't include this toggle on their phones.
    05-11-2019 12:56 PM
    Not sure about that, I don't have a Note. Just in case you can use the searching feature in the settings and see what you get after typing 'NFC' or even 'NFC icon'. Maybe Samsung didn't include this toggle on their phones.
    i search on 'connected', 'NFC' but could not find that screen. the NFC icon has always been visible before the android pie or One UI upgrade.
    05-11-2019 12:58 PM
    i search on 'connected', 'NFC' but could not find that screen. the NFC icon has always been visible before the android pie or One UI upgrade.
    It's possible that's carrier related as well.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-icon-t3871107
    05-11-2019 01:09 PM
    It's possible that's carrier related as well.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-icon-t3871107
    thanks. i had seen that thread before i posted my question here. at least this seem to be an issue with other users as well.
    05-11-2019 01:19 PM
    My Note 9 same problem, dont display on status bar , my s10+ does . I think it's a bug , I haven't seen a Samsung phone not show it in status bar .
    05-11-2019 01:37 PM