Degraded picture quality

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Since my Note 8 pie update, when sending pictures thru stock Samsung messaging app, the picture quality looks pixelated and much lower quality. Is it just me having this issues? When I send Lottery ticket pictures to my lottery group, they say the pictures look fuzzy now. Didn't have this issue prior to Pie update.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sending pictures through texting (messaging), the quality depends on the picture file size - if it's over your carrier's limit, it gets compressed, and that pixelates it. (The limit can run as low as 300kb.) If you find out your carrier's compression threshold, and manually make the picture smaller (a program like Paint.net [that's its name, not a URL]) without pixelating it, and send the smaller version, they won't compress it, so it won't pixelate. (Of course the quality will be worse - you can't make the pixels smaller - that's set by the device it's being viewed on. For instance, a Note 8 has 4,262,400 pixels on a 15.670531 in[SUP]2[/SUP] screen, at a rate of 521 pixels per inch - no one can send you a picture that can change that.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781