Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Discovered that Google backup has been hanging ("waiting to back up") and "back up now" button is greyed out.

In consultation w/ Verizon tech support, discovered that this is somewhat common after the latest update.

Turning off screen lock fixes things, turning it back on, and things are broken again. Anybody know if there's a fix?
    05-17-2019 02:01 PM
    Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Discovered that Google backup has been hanging ("waiting to back up") and "back up now" button is greyed out.

In consultation w/ Verizon tech support, discovered that this is somewhat common after the latest update.

Turning off screen lock fixes things, turning it back on, and things are broken again. Anybody know if there's a fix?
    I need to remove password, manually backup, then turn password on again. Does it mean backup won't happen automatically unless I do it myself?
    06-27-2019 08:07 PM
    Same problem with my Moto G7 Power. If I disable screen lock, the "Back up now" button is available. When I enable screen lock, it goes away again.
    08-17-2019 09:44 AM