So how are the Otterbox for this compared to older models?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I've used Otterbox Defenders for my Note 2 and 4. Loved them, except because of the small gap, etc, at the Home button, dust and crap would always get in, and due to my OCD about keeping my phone clean, I'd keep having to disassemble the case, make sure while cleaning it I didn't make any marks on the inside, let a hair or dust in, etc, etc. Since apparently that is no longer a issue with the Note 8, would you say the Otterbox is still a very good choice?

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Excellent choice. Slimmer profile so the phone isn't overly bulked up. Love it. I also put Screen protector on my phone and it fits well with the OtterBox case. Comparison of Note 5 with Note 8.
c6eb7b97ed20b1a40c1887706cfc2e2f.jpg

Last edited:

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
So without the physical button, once you put the full Otterbox on there, it tends to stay clean inside? No real dust and crap getting in?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's no longer a Sherman tank, they've changed the way it goes together (probably cheaper to make), but it's still the best case there is.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I did not realize apparently due to the phone shape/screen shape, Otterbox does not have a case with a built in screen protector, so you have to get one seperately? I did not know that, is that correct?

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Correct. With these curved screens, Otterbox no longer has screen protector included. There are a plethora of screen protectors on the market. Tempered glass or Liquidskin, take your pick. For me personally, I like the Liquidskin because they're inexpensive and adhere to my phone fairly well. I've actually had the same $8 Liquidskin protector on my Note 8 for over a year and still have a 2nd spare unused. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6549503. This protector fits very well edge to edge on my phone virtually flush with the Otterbox case. No complaints. Sold as a 2 pack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair