09-14-2019 10:42 PM
141 ... 3456
tools
    I'll wait until they release more colors for the 10+ 512gb. It sucks that pre orders only come in black.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-08-2019 08:12 AM
    Has anyone on Verizon with a Note 8 figured out the best option for upgrading to the Note 10+, probably 5G?

Mainly interested in going through either Verizon, Best Buy, or Samsung.
    08-08-2019 08:33 AM
    Ordered the 5g 10+ this morning!
    Nostromo79 and mgbosshogg like this.
    08-08-2019 09:01 AM
    Has anyone on Verizon with a Note 8 figured out the best option for upgrading to the Note 10+, probably 5G?

Mainly interested in going through either Verizon, Best Buy, or Samsung.
    I just did it through Verizon's site. Pretty easy. You get a 450 credit for your old phone.
    zecha46 likes this.
    08-08-2019 09:02 AM
    Can't get past the almost 7 inch part. That's a tablet , not a phone. I can't see myself lugging around a 7 inch tablet wherever I go. But that is a lifestyle thing. I could change my mind if I hold the phone. I did pre-order by Samsung, but canceled. Gonna wait and see how it works for people.
    It does sound big because of display size. But cutting down the bezels does matter. It is very similar to note 8 and much smaller than note 9 including weight. Check this: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...es/10478,11190
    zecha46 likes this.
    08-08-2019 09:36 AM
    It does sound big because of display size. But cutting down the bezels does matter. It is very similar to note 8 and much smaller than note 9 including weight. Check this: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...es/10478,11190
    Your right. Didn't think of it that way . And Verizon will give me $450 for my note 8.
    08-08-2019 10:45 AM
    Headphone jack is no deal breaker to me, if it doesn't have one, there will be an adapter in the box anyway
    Are you sure there is going to be an adapter coming with the Note 10? I havent seen that yet. For me sort of a deal breaker, that and the fact no SD card for the lower Note 10 which is lame. im sitting on the Note 8 and love it so far. Might upgrade to a Note 9, if anything.
    08-08-2019 01:06 PM
    I'm getting the note 10+ tryna decide between the 512gb model or 256gb aura glow model. Space or glow. Either one I'll have an SD card from getting my note 8 a couple years ago.

Also we didn't get the 5g model for the s10 on my carrier ATT so I doubt they'll release the 5g note 10+. I'll wait until note 12 or whatever to get the 5g version I guess.
    5G is premature in most cases
    08-08-2019 01:07 PM
    I'll wait until they release more colors for the 10+ 512gb. It sucks that pre orders only come in black.
    That was my thought too but since the 256 supports an SD card I'm good. I have S10+ 512 and I'm still not up to filling it to 256
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-08-2019 01:09 PM
    Love the Note series. Usually I try to skip versions - Note 3->5->8... was going to go to 7 but we all know the story with that battery fiasco.

Wish there were more options with a stylus out there. Probably going for the Note 10+ 5g (or whatever the top model will be called).

I wish Samsung HQ was in the US... They always give the latest and greatest to their own people. There are sometimes models we never hear about. I think it was the Note 3 or 5, can't remember, but discovered they had released a version in South Korea with a telescoping antenna that had a TV receiver built in as well!

Really amazed Samsung comes out with so many great products, especially seeing their C-Suite seems to be filled with folks who have gone to prison and then gotten their same jobs after being released!

The story continues... Tempted to wait about a month after the Note 10 is released... Why? I believe about a month after the unit is released, any major issues will have been discovered and ironed out - and if sales are sluggish ( I expect them to be no matter how great the phone is because of the niche market position for this model and the high price as well as the improved reliability of the older models) - there will probably be alot of discount deals available... However if it is really an amazing earth shattering blowout success (which I doubt) I would buy earlier...

Thoughts about any of the above?
    The price may be better but I'm sure the trade in offers won't be as good. Either way you'll be fine
    08-08-2019 01:11 PM
    Are you sure there is going to be an adapter coming with the Note 10? I havent seen that yet. For me sort of a deal breaker, that and the fact no SD card for the lower Note 10 which is lame. im sitting on the Note 8 and love it so far. Might upgrade to a Note 9, if anything.
    I think note 10 is better than note 9 as it has similar screen size (quad HD is something you need to think about), better internal storage UFS 3.0 (my note 8 is pretty slow downloading updates even when compared to OP6T), ultra wide camera. In screen FPS (I prefer front facing as I don't have to lift the phone everytime), a year more updates, latest processor and assuming 3500 mAh wil have the similar battery life as note 9 with 845 and 4000mah. And 10+ should definitely be better. Just my 2 cents. 😉
    08-08-2019 03:03 PM
    Just happen to play with one at local BB when they are setting them up. Awesome devices.
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone going for the Note 10?-11509.jpg  
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    08-08-2019 08:47 PM
    I admit I am tempted but I want smaller than my note 8 and less than a grand. I'll probably get the S10E.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-08-2019 09:21 PM
    The Note 10 does seem nice, I just is kinda scammy to offer a lower Note 10 at that price and take away 2 (HP jack and SD)features. For me I need the headphone jack, to use with older tech. Someone mentioned that the Note 10 will come with a dongle for headphones. Just wondering if that is true because I have read that anywhere.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-09-2019 10:06 AM
    Yess, I'm going for the note 10 plus! I would've so kept my note 8 if it wasn't for a small crack I got last weekend :/ still works great.. but from time to time I'll get a battery error saying it's losing more power than it's being charged.
    08-09-2019 11:03 AM
    I also had a chance to stop by BB this morning and see the Notes in person. I had wrote off the + because I don't want a "bigger" phone than my Note 8 but surprisingly when I took off my case and a one on top of another comparison, the new + is the same length and only a hair wider than my 8.

I'm still not itching to drop my 8 though. But maybe next year and the 10+ are heavily discounted I may think about it then if I need a phone. But holding the 10+... It doesn't excite me.

I admit I am tempted but I want smaller than my note 8 and less than a grand. I'll probably get the S10E.
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone going for the Note 10?-20190810_103052.jpg   Anyone going for the Note 10?-20190810_103041.jpg  
    scottcraft and Nostromo79 like this.
    08-10-2019 09:41 AM
    I also had a chance to stop by BB this morning and see the Notes in person. I had wrote off the + because I don't want a "bigger" phone than my Note 8 but surprisingly when I took off my case and a one on top of another comparison, the new + is the same length and only a hair wider than my 8.

I'm still not itching to drop my 8 though. But maybe next year and the 10+ are heavily discounted I may think about it then if I need a phone. But holding the 10+... It doesn't excite me.
    I'm going to go by and check them out as well. I still think I'll be going for a smaller phone. The Note 8 isn't as practical for one hand use as I'd like even though it's been an amazing phone for me for the last year and a half.
    08-10-2019 09:49 AM
    Yeah I love my 8 but I have had to live with compromises when I moved from a iphone 6s... I run and when training I don't care to carry a larger phone and kept the 6s for running or when I ran the NY marathon.

The smaller Note 10 sounded promising but the battery size difference is unimpressive and losing headphone jack and losing QHD resolution... Just too much compromise on a "2019 flagship." I was still at BB and left thinking a discounted S10+ would be better than the smaller Note if the pen is not an issue.

... No 90 or 120hz panel... They really don't dominate a category for flagship this late in the year compared to other phones out there. If my phone breaks down and the 10+ is heavily discounted by then I might consider a replacement. But I rather see Sammy come out with a best of the spec phone including the 90 or 120hz screen before I get excited. But by next year I guess most the competitors will already be rocking those screens.

I'm going to go by and check them out as well. I still think I'll be going for a smaller phone. The Note 8 isn't as practical for one hand use as I'd like even though it's been an amazing phone for me for the last year and a half.
    scottcraft likes this.
    08-10-2019 10:33 AM
    Yeah I love my 8 but I have had to live with compromises when I moved from a iphone 6s... I run and when training I don't care to carry a larger phone and kept the 6s for running or when I ran the NY marathon.

The smaller Note 10 sounded promising but the battery size difference is unimpressive and losing headphone jack and losing QHD resolution... Just too much compromise on a "2019 flagship." I was still at BB and left thinking a discounted S10+ would be better than the smaller Note if the pen is not an issue.

... No 90 or 120hz panel... They really don't dominate a category for flagship this late in the year compared to other phones out there. If my phone breaks down and the 10+ is heavily discounted by then I might consider a replacement. But I rather see Sammy come out with a best of the spec phone including the 90 or 120hz screen before I get excited. But by next year I guess most the competitors will already be rocking those screens.
    I just left Best Buy. It's pretty impressive that the Note 10+ is pretty much the same size at the Note 8. The regular Note 10 is smaller than my phone but still quite a bit bigger than the S10E.
    I would probably get the bigger Note if I was in the market for another larger phone. I thought it was pretty nice. As is I'm going to choose between the S10E and iPhone XR. For size, price and performance I think both of those are pretty good value for what you get.
    08-10-2019 11:57 AM
    Yeah, I was impressed with the Note 10+... jam a 6.8" screen in practically the same form factor as my 8... also jam in a massive battery and still feel as thin if not thinner than the 8 also. But just didn't make me wanna crave one when I left the store like past year phones did.

S10E I think is a great small phone. Too bad people are not into smaller phones. I'll have to keep an eye on prices on that because I really wouldn't mind a heavily discounted S10E to use as a running phone. XR is a really nice phone... screen so sharp I can't tell the difference in quality over the X. But it's still on the pricey side so between the two I'd go S10E.

I just left Best Buy. It's pretty impressive that the Note 10+ is pretty much the same size at the Note 8. The regular Note 10 is smaller than my phone but still quite a bit bigger than the S10E.
    I would probably get the bigger Note if I was in the market for another larger phone. I thought it was pretty nice. As is I'm going to choose between the S10E and iPhone XR. For size, price and performance I think both of those are pretty good value for what you get.
    08-10-2019 03:00 PM
    Yeah, I was impressed with the Note 10+... jam a 6.8" screen in practically the same form factor as my 8... also jam in a massive battery and still feel as thin if not thinner than the 8 also. But just didn't make me wanna crave one when I left the store like past year phones did.

S10E I think is a great small phone. Too bad people are not into smaller phones. I'll have to keep an eye on prices on that because I really wouldn't mind a heavily discounted S10E to use as a running phone. XR is a really nice phone... screen so sharp I can't tell the difference in quality over the X. But it's still on the pricey side so between the two I'd go S10E.
    The 256gb XR is 50 bucks more than the 256gb S10E so price is close enough on those two for me. The end goal for our family is for everyone to be one the same platform which would be easier with an iPhone since the newest phone in the house is an iPhone. I will say that I set up a galaxy S7 for my son earlier this week and Google has a family link app that does a great job of allowing a parent to put restrictions on a kid's phone. I'm very impressed and I'm not sure if I could get the same level of control with an iPhone. I know I couldn't last time I was owned an iPhone. Decisions...
    08-10-2019 03:25 PM
    I opted for the note 10+ and will be trading in my note 8.
    scottcraft likes this.
    08-10-2019 10:54 PM
    I will be ordering my Note 10 Plus tomorrow from Best Buy. I'm not going to trade in my Note 8. Plan to keep it for vr purposes. Note 10 does not support Gear VR or Google Daydream.
    08-13-2019 08:57 PM
    Can't get past the almost 7 inch part. That's a tablet , not a phone. I can't see myself lugging around a 7 inch tablet wherever I go. But that is a lifestyle thing. I could change my mind if I hold the phone. I did pre-order by Samsung, but canceled. Gonna wait and see how it works for people.
    You know it's basically the same size as the note 8, right?
    08-15-2019 08:26 PM
    I won't pre-order, but I'm strongly considering the Note 10, probably the plus version. I'll make that decision when I'm ready to make the move.
    08-24-2019 10:16 AM
141 ... 3456