Disabling Software Updates???

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In Play - turn off updates (in Settings).

If you mean Android updates, you have to root to disable the updater, but rooting alone causes the update to "fail" at about the 25% point (before it's done anything).

sickle79

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Because u never know what u r gonna get.you get good updates n u get bad.it messes up alot of stuff,disables features n mess up your phone alot of times

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Because u never know what u r gonna get.you get good updates n u get bad.it messes up alot of stuff,disables features n mess up your phone alot of times
The only problem with trying to disable OS updates you risk not getting protected by future security updates or more enhancements to the OS and down the road conflicts as apps get updated to newer OS update.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Use Apk Extractor (or App Backup & Restore to do more than one at a time) to back up your apps. then if you don't like the new version, uninstall it (after backing it up) and install the older one.

As for Android itself, you wouldn't want to run Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich, trust me. It takes time to get used to ner versions, but it's usually worth it.

Alex B6

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I dont know nothing about rooting(truthfully)

Back up yopur phone with smart switch and do a full master reset. Once you have done that, do not ever go to check software update.WHY, it registers your device and then bombards you daily with software update icons.
Mine has run 2 months since doing this without any software update icons popping up.
Yes I hate updates with ui, not security updates.

Older phones are a disaster and have big iisues with new ui updates and it has been a proven fact for the past 10 years and nobody cares to do anything about it.

The moderators here are to remove all negative comments against android and phone manaufacturers and make the end user look like idiotic fools that don't understand how to use their device. They are here to help android and manufacturers, not end user. This site is a strong positive promotion for new android and does not wish to expose or admit there is any fault when new ui is released. It's always the end user or the phone needs to go to service.
Welcome to the biased world we live in

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon