IOS vs. Andriod???

riccorich

Feb 12, 2019
Visit site
I think the android phones, samsung vs iphone inparticular is the fact I think the Android are just more convenient . I keep it simple, have to have expandable store and for a long time removable batteries... just got the Note 8 now and still adjusting to it. also I love the note and Qwerty keyboard phones, and IPhone doesn't have that.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Why do you prefer the Samsung Note vs The Iphone?

I used to work for Verizon, never owned an iPhone, was constantly blown away and shocked at how limited they were and what they couldn't do.

IOS has come a long way, but still a joke compared to Android IMO.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Following features keep me with note line. Note 9 added stereo speakers to the list.

Attachments

• 9659.jpg
    9659.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 35

rosenr9286t

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Used to like iOS because it "just works". Now I cannot take it seriously. No file structure, no SD card storage expansion, no inking. For business, not useful beyond simply texting and making/answering phone calls. I laugh at the clumsy workarounds that Apple fanboys use to justify iPhone use.

Ron

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
What's goodluck and app pair?

Goodlock is an app you can download from Samsung store. It allows you to customize lot of things on phone and also change the way you interact with phone. There are good number of YouTube videos on this. Also, once you download the app, the features are very easy to understand.

App pair is to launch two apps at the same time. For example I pair my podcast and navigation and launch the pair while driving to work. You can have this app pair as shortcuts on phone (no other Android phones support this as I know) and also you can create an app pair on your edge panel for easy launch.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
In the past I used iPhones, from the 4 to the 6s. At that point in time, Apple was ahead of Android, both in hardware and software (remember the Galaxy S5 bandage meme). But now Android is ahead in both areas...and still is cheaper.

I still use an iPad and prefer it to its Android rivals...but I have to say (since we’re talking about Galaxy Notes and business usage) the Apple files app is a complete mess. Google alternatives (Files and Drive) are so much better...and Microsoft. So all seems fixed...but wait! Because Apple is Apple, you can’t change the default Files app! ??????????????????

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
For business, not useful beyond simply texting and making/answering phone calls.

Ron

Apple wants everyone to have the same experience and considering that millions or billions have been sold it seems that most of their non business customers like the no brainer approach.

In an IT sense it's close to the prefect ecosystem. Locked down tighter than a......well, locked right down.

A bit of an aside....without Steve Jobs Apple seems to be a rudderless ship at the moment. Maybe new leadership at the top will bring new ideas.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Apple wants everyone to have the same experience and considering that millions or billions have been sold it seems that most of their non business customers like the no brainer approach.

In an IT sense it's close to the prefect ecosystem. Locked down tighter than a......well, locked right down.

A bit of an aside....without Steve Jobs Apple seems to be a rudderless ship at the moment. Maybe new leadership at the top will bring new ideas.

I hate it how they make any sort of personalisation or third-party repairs near-impossible (you’re stuck with the Apple apps as your default and now iPhones will refuse to work with genuine Apple batteries just because it wasn’t installed by Apple).

They already overcharge for their hardware (iPhones). Things like having to buy a $30 fast charger and then a $20 fast charging cable to fast-charge an iPhone is ridiculous.

And once you’re in Apple’s ecosystem, they make it as hard as possible for you to switch. All these adverts touting privacy (which Apple sheep gladly believe) don’t tell the true story. Because in countries like Russia and China iPhones are easily hacked and (sometimes) Apple cooperates. Samsung’s Knox security software is excellent and matches the iPhone in my opinion. Monthly security patches also help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz