08-12-2019 01:19 PM
29 12
tools
    Why do you prefer the Samsung Note vs The Iphone?
    05-28-2019 12:48 AM
    Because iPongs are totally overpriced for what they offer in comparison
    tube517, iSilas and tekjunkie28 like this.
    05-28-2019 11:52 AM
    Is there an app that's just as good as iPhone camera for android?
    05-28-2019 12:53 PM
    My bad,Wrong Topic!
    05-28-2019 12:54 PM
    I think the android phones, samsung vs iphone inparticular is the fact I think the Android are just more convenient . I keep it simple, have to have expandable store and for a long time removable batteries... just got the Note 8 now and still adjusting to it. also I love the note and Qwerty keyboard phones, and IPhone doesn't have that.
    06-10-2019 01:48 AM
    Why do you prefer the Samsung Note vs The Iphone?
    I used to work for Verizon, never owned an iPhone, was constantly blown away and shocked at how limited they were and what they couldn't do.

IOS has come a long way, but still a joke compared to Android IMO.
    vnmous1, iSilas and Golurk like this.
    06-10-2019 03:32 AM
    Huh?? Qwerty keyboard phones??

also I love the note and Qwerty keyboard phones, and IPhone doesn't have that.
    06-10-2019 08:04 AM
    Because Apple
    06-10-2019 12:47 PM
    I have both - Note 8 and iphone XR - and love both. It all depends on what you want from each and how do you gonna use it.
    06-12-2019 09:22 AM
    I use both platforms, both balance me out what I look for .
    06-12-2019 09:40 AM
    Following features keep me with note line. Note 9 added stereo speakers to the list.
    Attached Thumbnails IOS vs. Andriod???-9659.jpg  
    06-12-2019 12:54 PM
    I'm note familiar with alot of these features.is this note 8,9 or just notes period?
    06-12-2019 01:50 PM
    What's goodluck and app pair?
    06-12-2019 01:51 PM
    I'm pixel fan. Fan of Android. Freedom
    06-12-2019 01:54 PM
    Used to like iOS because it "just works". Now I cannot take it seriously. No file structure, no SD card storage expansion, no inking. For business, not useful beyond simply texting and making/answering phone calls. I laugh at the clumsy workarounds that Apple fanboys use to justify iPhone use.

Ron
    06-12-2019 03:43 PM
    I'm note familiar with alot of these features.is this note 8,9 or just notes period?
    These are features on note 8.
    06-12-2019 06:34 PM
    What's goodluck and app pair?
    Goodlock is an app you can download from Samsung store. It allows you to customize lot of things on phone and also change the way you interact with phone. There are good number of YouTube videos on this. Also, once you download the app, the features are very easy to understand.

App pair is to launch two apps at the same time. For example I pair my podcast and navigation and launch the pair while driving to work. You can have this app pair as shortcuts on phone (no other Android phones support this as I know) and also you can create an app pair on your edge panel for easy launch.
    06-12-2019 06:39 PM
    In the past I used iPhones, from the 4 to the 6s. At that point in time, Apple was ahead of Android, both in hardware and software (remember the Galaxy S5 bandage meme). But now Android is ahead in both areas...and still is cheaper.

I still use an iPad and prefer it to its Android rivals...but I have to say (since we’re talking about Galaxy Notes and business usage) the Apple files app is a complete mess. Google alternatives (Files and Drive) are so much better...and Microsoft. So all seems fixed...but wait! Because Apple is Apple, you can’t change the default Files app!
    iSilas likes this.
    08-02-2019 04:54 AM
    For business, not useful beyond simply texting and making/answering phone calls.

Ron
    Apple wants everyone to have the same experience and considering that millions or billions have been sold it seems that most of their non business customers like the no brainer approach.

In an IT sense it's close to the prefect ecosystem. Locked down tighter than a......well, locked right down.

A bit of an aside....without Steve Jobs Apple seems to be a rudderless ship at the moment. Maybe new leadership at the top will bring new ideas.
    Golurk likes this.
    08-05-2019 07:00 PM
    Apple wants everyone to have the same experience and considering that millions or billions have been sold it seems that most of their non business customers like the no brainer approach.

In an IT sense it's close to the prefect ecosystem. Locked down tighter than a......well, locked right down.

A bit of an aside....without Steve Jobs Apple seems to be a rudderless ship at the moment. Maybe new leadership at the top will bring new ideas.
    I hate it how they make any sort of personalisation or third-party repairs near-impossible (you’re stuck with the Apple apps as your default and now iPhones will refuse to work with genuine Apple batteries just because it wasn’t installed by Apple).

They already overcharge for their hardware (iPhones). Things like having to buy a $30 fast charger and then a $20 fast charging cable to fast-charge an iPhone is ridiculous.

And once you’re in Apple’s ecosystem, they make it as hard as possible for you to switch. All these adverts touting privacy (which Apple sheep gladly believe) don’t tell the true story. Because in countries like Russia and China iPhones are easily hacked and (sometimes) Apple cooperates. Samsung’s Knox security software is excellent and matches the iPhone in my opinion. Monthly security patches also help.
    08-10-2019 11:56 AM
    I don't really enjoy the Note line - but I do prefer Android/Samsung over iPhone.

There is more customization with Android, and a variety of phones and manufacturers to choose from. Samsung still has an excellent camera, great media and aesthetics, and if you use things like Samsung Pay, it can really add up to being a great smartphone.

iPhone/Apple is too expensive, simplistic (though that's a selling point for a lot of people, and I certainly understand that, but I myself would just get too bored with Apple because I wouldn't be able to customize/tweak anything to my specific liking), and too "popular" for me.

And the accompanying products that you need to buy exclusively for your Apple product to work to your liking (ie, headphones, chargers, etc) do not sit well with me.
    Golurk likes this.
    08-10-2019 12:04 PM
    iOS, iOS devices and Apple devices has it's place...

Just bought an 11" iPad Pro to replace my 4+ year old cellular Air 2.

IMO, iPads are the best tablets out there and enjoying IpadOS with new features such as file access through the USB-C port. App experience optimized for iPads. And when I had a glitch playing with iPadOS public beta, I just did a iCloud restore of the backup it automatically took that morning and I was completely back up not missing a single app, tab in my browser, or username/password stored on each website or app... the best complete backup/restore out there compared to any Android backup.

OS Support is second to none... Again my almost 5 year old iPad Air 2. iOS 8 was released when it came out in 2014... I'm running iPadOS 13 beta and will get final. Can't get 5 years of support out of any Android device.

I really don't know if Samsung backup/restore is as good as thorough so appreciate anyone chiming in. I'm hoping if I ever have to use it, it will be as thorough as iOS device backup/restores.

Love my Note 8 and suprisingly great support in last two years... I don't think that will be continuing that consistently into year 3 and not sure if it can hang with the equivalent Apple phone into year 4+. I think I heard S7s will be getting QUARTERLY security updates going forward?? I guess 3 years out is too old for Samsung to give monthlys.

Hardware support when in warranty... Was traveling in another state when phone died. Found an Apple store... which you can find practically anywhere you go... and when I left the store, they gave me a replacement, restored the backup from iClouds and only lost a few vacation pictures taken between backup (< 24 hours). Buy a new phone, run the backup from your previous device and you are up and running within the hour with everything moved over.

If I was on travels in another state and my Note 8 died?? I know I am SOL looking for a ubreakifix and no hope of a immediate replacement.

Then throw in a little mention to iMessaging and Facetime... man I miss sending full sized pics and videos through iMessage...

Anyways, with all that being said, I love my 8... my favorite phone I've owned to date... and there are things I love on Android that I can't do on an iPhone. But just mentioning a few things I like about iOS, iOS on iPads and iOS on iPhones, support, etc,... just to give them a little love because iPhones, IMO, can hold there own and works well for the majority.
    08-10-2019 02:37 PM
    The majority of people use Android phones but ok lol.

I get what you mean though. iPhones have a (well deserved) reputation have ‘just working well’. It’s just that after a while, you get bored because its competitors have many more features which work equally well in most cases.
    08-11-2019 06:07 AM
    Two to three years with a phone was ok when prices were less than $500. Now if we want to continue with flagships it is too expensive. Looks like on android side it is only pixel line that gives endurance(software) like iPhones but am too used to note series (spen) since note 2 and rely on it both for personal and office work.
    For me buying a phone is an investment first than entertainment as the note series with spen and DeX helps increase my productivity to spend more time with family. Tried IPhones and other android's, (pixel 2xl and OP6T) but had to rely on multiple devices to get the same work done by single note device. Just because of note 8's battery life am going to note 10 and hoping to hold it for atleast 3 years and I hope during this time android's update cycle becomes as solid as iOS.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-11-2019 09:58 AM
    Two to three years with a phone was ok when prices were less than $500. Now if we want to continue with flagships it is too expensive. Looks like on android side it is only pixel line that gives endurance(software) like iPhones but am too used to note series (spen) since note 2 and rely on it both for personal and office work.
    For me buying a phone is an investment first than entertainment as the note series with spen and DeX helps increase my productivity to spend more time with family. Tried IPhones and other android's, (pixel 2xl and OP6T) but had to rely on multiple devices to get the same work done by single note device. Just because of note 8's battery life am going to note 10 and hoping to hold it for atleast 3 years and I hope during this time android's update cycle becomes as solid as iOS.
    You're right - it's getting harder and harder to upgrade often because the prices have been skyrocketing. For me, buying a phone is also an investment. It's a little difficult to stomach the pricetag... But as you've said, if your phone enables you to have more time with family and helps you more efficiently with your office/personal life/work, then it's a worthwhile investment.
    08-11-2019 10:32 AM
29 12