I was traveling this week and upon landing, I turned off Airplane Mode and my Note 8 was very laggy for about 30 seconds and froze. I held down the power button to restart and it would not boot back up. It is completely unresponsive. I took it into Verizon and they tried the various soft and hard reset button combinations to no avail. My phone was stock, Pie, no new apps, and had about 90% charge.

Any thoughts on what may have occurred and whether or not it may be fixable?
    06-06-2019 11:12 AM
    That depends on what happens if you try looking at it with adb. If there's no response, something on the motherboard could have gone bad. If there's a response, booting into bootloader with adb (adb reboot bootloader) should bring the phone to download mode, from which you (or they) can reflash the ROM. Most Verizon company stores have a repair department (ell, a little room) in the back that should have adb and a Samsung driver already installed on at least one computer. Independent Verizon stores usually have a computer set up for that too.
    06-06-2019 02:34 PM